Facial Exercises to Look Younger
Despite the huge number of costly treatments on the market, you should definitely be doing facial exercises to look younger that might help your appearance.
The skin on your face needs special care and may need different treatments to help keep it looking young and beautiful for as long as you can. You might be attracted by the huge number of costly treatments on the market. On the other hand, you might already be taking the very sound advice that you should follow a healthy lifestyle. What you may not be aware of are some facial exercises to look younger. That is, to keep your facial muscles resilient and firm.
Facial exercise means practicing a series of healthy exercises that will help keep your skin looking firm, while stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. These lead to the appearance of ageing on the skin.
If you put these facial exercises into practice, they will help you deal with smile lines, droopy eyelids and some of the signs that, as time goes by, make you look older.
Facial exercises to look younger that work the eyelids
The main goal of these facial exercises is to tone up the oculi muscle in the eyelids (orbicularis oculi) so that you can improve the appearance of droopy eyelids.
How do I do it?
Place your pointer fingers right between your eyebrows, and place your thumbs under your eyes. Gently move your pointer fingers upwards while you move your thumbs downwards, applying slight pressure to both points while your tightly squeeze your eyes shut. Perform this exercise for 40 seconds before resting.
Exercises to improve the appearance of a double chin
Working the platysma muscle is one great way to improve the appearance of a double chin. This area on our face tends to hang down and wrinkle up very easily. That’s why we welcome any facial exercises to look younger that might help us deal with it.
How do I do it?
Place your hand at the bottom of your neck and look forward. Then, point your chin upwards and touch your upper lip with your tongue. Stay in this position for 30 seconds before resting.
Exercises to improve the appearance of forehead wrinkles
If you want to improve the appearance of forehead wrinkles, you definitely need to exercise your forehead (frontalis) and occipital (occipitalis) muscles. To do so, we recommend trying out the following facial exercise.
How do I do it?
Place your hands on your temples and gently push downwards, as if you were moving toward the tip of your eyebrows, while simultaneously trying to raise your eyebrows. Stay in this position for 30 seconds before resting.
Exercises to work on lines around your mouth
Lines around the mouth develop over time, and they tend to be quite noticeable after a certain point in our lives. To improve the appearance of these lines, we recommend some exercises.
How do I do it?
Make an “O” shape with your lips and press them against your teeth. Then, slide your pointer fingers up and down, starting at either end of your mouth and moving toward your nose. Perform this exercise 50 times.
Other facial exercises you can do
Facial exercises to look younger stimulate blood circulation, help get rid of toxins, and help to deal with early signs of aging.
In addition to the previously mentioned exercises, there are other helpful movements that you might like to incorporate into your facial exercise routine.
- Say your vocals: You should exaggerate your expression when you do this, meaning that you should open your mouth as wide as possible and stick with the sound for at least a few seconds.
- Seal your lips: Seal your lips and fill your mouth with air to stretch out and put pressure on the muscles around your mouth.
- Frown: In order to do this, you should keep your lips together so that you can exercise all the facial muscles involved in this movement, as well as the muscles in your neck. This is a great way to prevent wrinkles from popping up on your face, and is ideal for reducing that double chin.
- Eyebrow exercise: Place your fingers over your eyebrows and apply slight pressure to them so that, when you try to furrow your brow, you are unable to do so. You should also try to raise your eyebrows while maintaining this pressure as a way to make the exercise a bit more difficult. These simple movements might be able to strengthen the muscles around your forehead and eyes.
- If you want to get good results when it comes to facial exercises to look younger, you need to perform these exercises at least 3 times per week, although, ideally, you should perform them every day. Try to gradually increase the number of minutes you maintain each exercise, meaning you should spend a maximum of about 10 to 15 minutes per day doing these exercises.
- If you want to perform these exercises correctly, we recommend doing them in front of a mirror so that you can adopt the correct posture.
See Also: Key Ingredient for a Healthy Dinner
- Remember that, just like any exercise for other parts of your body, you can only improve your appearance if you complement these exercises with a healthy diet and a good sleep routine, while staying away from harmful habits.