6 Exercises that Accelerate Your Metabolism
If you want to accelerate your metabolism it is very important to adopt a daily exercise routine. You can do it at home, without having to go to the gym.
You are determined to lose all of those extra kilos that bother you when looking in the mirror . The holidays are just around the corner. Don´t you want to show off that magazine body? There are many different exercises on the list, but there is definitely one that specifically suits you.
Therefore, we found the best exercises that accelerate the metabolism so you can get your dream body.
Exercises that Accelerate the Metabolism
Remember before performing any type of exercise, no matter how simple it may be, you must warm-up first, in order for your muscles to be in good condition and to avoid suffering any injuries. We recommend you to read: How Your Metabolism Works at Every Age.
1. Heel lifts
Exercising is extremely easy. It is something you can do at anytime, anywhere, and even at home. So there are no excuses what so ever. The first thing you should do, is to stand with your back completely straight.
- Lift your heels towards your glutes without bending your back, as if you were jogging in one direction.
- The objective of this exercise is to gradually increase the intensity.
2. Circuits with speed
This exercise is a little more advanced than the previous one, since you will to need some small cones or other objects around you.
- There must be at least 5 objects, and you have to set them apart with enough space to allow you to pass through them in a zigzags at high speed.
- To have this exercise become even more difficult and much more effective, you can pass through them, touch them and then run backwards.
3. Push ups
It is a very simple exercise, which requires a flat surface. This also is a strength exercise that accelerate the metabolism .
- You must lie face down on the floor and lift your body by pushing up.
- You must have your hands and the tip of your feet placed on the floor, and have your arms fully extended when pushing up.
The ideal is to do a series of repetitions that you can gradually increase along with your strength.
4. Seated knee raises
In order to this exercise, lie on your back on a small mat over a flat surface.
- Once in this position, tightly latch your hands behind your neck.
- Now you must bend your knees up to your chest.
- Repeat this exercise for at least one minute to get the best workout.
- Then lower your legs, tap abdomen while resting for a few minutes and then start all over again.
See also: This Mint and Ginger Drink Activates Your Metabolism.
5. Jump rope
This is an extremely easy exercise you did since childhood without even knowing how excellent it is for your body. You’re just going to need a rope and motivation.
- At the beginning, you should start jumping with your feet together, trying to get your knees to touch your chest.
- You can increase the difficulty by jumping with one and having the other follow it during a 30 second section.
You can do this exercise anywhere in your house, at any time during the day.
Another exercise to include during your day is dancing. Of course, you must make intense movements, so your muscles get a full workout.
- The important thing is that you keep on moving while your muscles contract as you go.
Remember while doing exercises, it is essential to have perseverance and repeat them every day with your best effort. Also, do not forget to drink enough water, it is always important to remain hydrated.
With these exercises that accelerate the metabolism, burning fat will be much faster and more effective than you thought. Additionally, you can adapt an exercise routine around your schedule in the comfort of your home. You have no need to spend hours at the gym.
So, stop having a sedentary lifestyle and bad habits. Start working-out to keep your body healthy and physically fit. Follow through with these exercises and you will have your dream body in no time.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Illescas, A., & Ellit, H. (2018). Ejercicios con especifidad metabólica para la fuerza de las extremidades inferiores en los estudiantes de 15 a 17 años. Universidad de Guayaquil. Facultad de Educación Física Deportes y Recreación.
- Querales, Marvin, Baloa, Nerva, Varela, Indira, & Ruiz, Nelina. (2012). Insuficiencia de sueño o descanso se asocia a elevado riesgo cardiometabólico en mujeres carabobeñas de estrato socioeconómico bajo. Revista Venezolana de Endocrinología y Metabolismo, 10(3), 142-151. Recuperado en 24 de noviembre de 2022, de http://ve.scielo.org/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1690-31102012000300004&lng=es&tlng=es.
- Ramírez, Manuel Ángel, Rosety, Jesús María, Marcos-Becerro, Juan, Rosety, Ignacio, Ordóñez, Francisco, Rosety-Rodríguez, Manuel, Rodríguez-Pareja, María, & Rosety, Miguel Ángel. (2012). El ejercicio y el síndrome metabólico. Revista Médica del Uruguay, 28(4), 309-316. Recuperado en 22 de febrero de 2021, de http://www.scielo.edu.uy/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1688-03902012000400007&lng=es&tlng=es.
- Stokes, T., Hector, A. J., Morton, R. W., McGlory, C., & Phillips, S. M. (2018). Recent Perspectives Regarding the Role of Dietary Protein for the Promotion of Muscle Hypertrophy with Resistance Exercise Training. Nutrients, 10(2), 180. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu10020180
- Stephanie Freeman, Amy Karpowicz, John Gray, And Stuart Mcgill. (2016). Quantifying Muscle Patterns and Spine Load during Various Forms of the Push-Up. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f358/bf7cca44de0a1e6072929f2962023027f3ef.pdf
- Strasser, B., & Schobersberger, W. (2011). Evidence for resistance training as a treatment therapy in obesity. Journal of obesity, 2011, 482564. https://doi.org/10.1155/2011/482564