An Exercise Routine to Reduce Breast Fat
Exercises to reduce chest fat: Preliminary considerations
The exercises to reduce chest fat that we will present below can be practiced between 2 and 3 times a week. It’s recommended that you do three sets with 12 sets. However, you can add some more series if these fall short.
To perform some of these exercises you may need a ball or dumbbells. If you don’t have the latter on hand, opt for sandbags or water bottles.
1. Lying pullover
For the first chest slimming exercises, you’ll need a pair of dumbbells.
- Lay down on a flat surface (the floor or bench), looking towards the ceiling with your feet planted on the ground with your legs bent
- In this position, stretch out your arms towards the ceiling while holding on the dumbbells
- With your arms completely straightened, move them backwards, behind the top of your head
- Afterwards, bring them back to the starting position
Try out these: 3 Lumbar Exercises Using Your Arms and Legs
2. Chest-level ball squeezes
You will need a ball for the second exercise. It can be big or small. The thing that matters is being able to hold it with both hands in front of you in front of your chest.
In this position, stand up with your legs slightly separated. You can also choose to do this exercise in a chair.
- Firstly, squeeze the ball with both hands as if you are going to pop it
- So, your hands should be open. In other words, you shouldn’t be using your fingers to grip the ball. Then, you should be holding the ball with the palms of your hands.
- Squeeze the ball for at least 10 seconds
Push-ups are a well-rounded workout that exercise the arms, back, and chest.
They’re essential for strengthening the chest and slimming it down.
- Firstly, do this exercise by laying down on your stomach and placing your hands on the ground at shoulder width apart
- While maintaining the plank position, bend your arms to touch the ground with your chest and go back up
Learn to do these Seven Exercises that Will Transform Your Body in Just Four Weeks
4. Dumbbell flys
This last exercise on our list calls for dumbbells. Ideally, you should lay down on a bench to do the flys. You can lay down on the floor if you don’t have a bench.
- Firstly, hold a dumbbell in each hand
- Then, open up your arms and stretch them out on each side of your body
- Raise your arms, keeping them straight, joining the dumbbells together in the middle, then slowly lower your arms again
Hypocaloric diet, rich in proteins and lots of water
Exercise routines must be accompanied by a diet focused on the goal of losing fat; for this, you need to reduce calorie consumption. Fruits such as pineapple, apple, and watermelon, among others, fill you up, and provide nutrients and few calories. In addition, they help to release toxins and, therefore, to lose weight.
But keep in mind that, when it comes to losing fat, drastic reductions are not advisable, and exercises under a hypocaloric diet do not have to be strong. Also, bear in mind that not going on a single-product diet or eating very low-calorie breakfasts.
In general, the consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, skimmed dairy products, poultry, fish, and nuts is recommended, instead of red meat, sweets, and sugary drinks.
Protein should not be reduced and carbohydrates should make up 40% of the daily diet. On the other hand, reduce lipids but not eliminate them, and maintain fiber consumption, which favors intestinal motility and increases the feeling of satiety.
And of course, don’t forget: drink plenty of water.
Don’t forget about aerobic exercises as well
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends daily physical activity to maintain health, increase well-being and reduce the risk of developing diseases.
Although these exercises are great for slimming down your chest area, it’s also worth mentioning that aerobic exercise is also a great complement.
Even though aerobic exercise doesn’t always reduce fat in a specific area, it helps reduce the overall amount of body fat. So, by doing both kinds of exercises, you’ll get the results that you want.
It’s important to remember that slimming down the chest area is an especially slow and gradual process. Also, exercise is not enough because a proper diet is just as important.
If you really want a defined chest or want to trim down, then the exercises above can definitely do the trick.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Alonso, L. V. (1995). Riesgos de salud en dietas hipocalóricas. CYTA-Journal of Food, 1(1), 28-30. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/11358129509487547?needAccess=true
- Matía Martín, P., Lecumberri Pascual, E., & Calle Pascual, A. L. (2007). Nutrición y síndrome metabólico. Revista Española de Salud Pública, 81(5), 489-505. https://scielo.isciii.es/pdf/resp/v81n5/colaboracion5.pdf