A fat chest area isn’t just a problem for men but for women as well. So, continue reading to look at some exercise routines that work wonderfully to slim down that area.
- Men often wish to shed off fat in their chest area to have better definition in their pectoral muscles.
- There are also many women who wish to reduce their chest size.
No matter what, the exercises below can certainly help.
Read this article too: Keep a Firm Chest with These 5 Easy Exercise
Chest slimming exercises
You can do these chest slimming exercises 2 to 3 times a week. You should try to do 3 sets of 12 reps during each exercise. However, feel free to add on a set if you feel like you can do some more. In order to do these exercises, you’ll need a ball or dumbbells. If you don’t have them available, you can use sand bags or water bottles.
1. Lying pullover
For the first chest slimming exercises, you’ll need a pair of dumbbells. Lay down on a flat surface (the floor or bench), looking towards the ceiling with your feet planted on the ground with your legs bent.
Check out this article too: Three Routines to Tone Your Arms that You’ll Love
- In this position, stretch out your arms towards the ceiling while holding on the dumbbells.
- With your arms completely straightened, move them backwards, behind the top of your head.
- Afterwards, bring them back to the starting position.
2. Chest-level ball squeezes
You will need a ball for the second exercise. It can be big or small. The thing that matters is being able to hold it with both hands in front of you in front of your chest.
- In this position, stand up with your legs slightly separated. You can also choose to do this exercise in a chair.
- Squeeze the ball with both hands as if you are going to pop it.
- Your hands should be open. In other words, you shouldn’t be using your fingers to grip the ball. You should be holding the ball with the palms of your hands.
- Squeeze the ball for at least 10 seconds.
Push-ups are a well-rounded workout that exercise the arms, back and chest. They’re essential for strengthening the chest and slimming it down.
Take a look at this article too: 7 Exercises that Will Transform Your Body in Just 4 Weeks
- Do this exercise by laying down on your stomach and placing your hands on the ground at shoulder width apart.
- While maintaining the plank position, bend your arms to touch the ground with your chest and go back up.
4. Dumbbell flyes
This last exercise on our list calls for dumbbells. Ideally, you should lay down on a bench to do the flyes. You can lay down on the floor if you don’t have bench.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and open up your arms and stretch them out on each side of your body.
- Raise your arms, keeping them straight, joining the dumbbells together in the middle, then slowly lower your arms again.
Don’t forget about aerobic exercises as well
Although these exercises are great for slimming down your chest area, it’s also worth mentioning that aerobic exercise is also a must. Even though aerobic exercise doesn’t always reduce fat in a specific area, it helps reduce the overall amount of body fat.
By doing both kinds of exercises, you’ll get the results that you want. It’s important to remember that slimming down the chest area is an especially slow and gradual process. Also, exercise is not enough because a proper diet is just as important.
Recommended reading: If You Exercise, Can You Eat Anything that You Want Afterwards?
If you really want a defined chest or want to trim down, then the exercises above can definitely do the trick. However, remember that you have to be patient and follow an appropriate diet. Have you tried these chest slimming exercises before? If so, how did it go?