The formation of dark circles causes an alteration of the coloration of your skin. Thus, there may be hyper-pigmentation or excessive translucency under your lower eyelids.
Many of the cosmetic products that we buy for it, in reality, don’t solve the problem. For this reason, we’ll show you some tricks to eliminate dark circles in a natural and effective way.
9 tips to eliminate dark circles in a natural and effective way
1. Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun
Dark circles are related to skin pigmentation processes. Therefore, excessive exposure to sunlight is one of the exogenous reasons that cause them.
On many occasions, this reason is not considered the cause of these unpleasant bags. However, to better prevent them, it’s important to wear sunglasses and sunscreen.
2. Sleep enough, but not too much
It is undeniable that a restful sleep is the best friend of our eyes.
When we sleep too much, the bags under our eyes become inflamed and when we sleep very little, the dark circles with their characteristic pigmentation don’t take long to come out.
A good rest is the best ally of your eyelids and your skin in general. Therefore, manage your time very well so you can sleep as much as necessary (at least seven hours a day).
That will provide benefits for your general health and has countless aesthetic advantages.
3. Refresh the area daily
The inclination or propensity to suffer dark circles can be genetic or becoming of diseases such as hyperthyroidism or hormonal disorders.
If you tend to have dark circles, it is best to apply a moisturizing cream and refreshing tonics at least twice a day. Preferably, it should be applied when we get up so that the effect is greater.
4. Chamomile and fennel infusions
An infusion of chamomile or fennel is very useful to calm this delicate area.
- 1 tablespoon of chamomile or fennel (15 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Heat the water.
- When it boils, add the chosen herb and let it infuse for 3 or 5 minutes.
- After the indicated time, strain it and let it cool.
- As a recommendation, put the preparation in the refrigerator for a while to cool down.
- When it’s ready, moisten a cotton ball with the infusion and apply it to the zone for a few minutes.
- Finally, rinse the area with plenty of water.
5. Goats’ milk
Cold goats’ milk is very useful to relax your tired eyes and reduce dark circles.
- To make use of it, you will have to lightly wet a cotton ball, and apply it to your eyelids.
- Leave on for 10 minutes to soak and rinse with plenty of water to finish. You’ll be able to nourish your skin and put an end to dark circles.
6. Honey and grated potato
This treatment improves the appearance of dark circles immediately. To appreciate the results, it must be applied for at least 15 consecutive days.
- 1 raw potato
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
Preparation and application
- To make this home remedy, you’ll have to grate a raw potato and mix it with a spoonful of honey.
- Apply and let it soak in for at least 15 minutes.
- To finish, rinse with plenty of water.
7. Turmeric mask
This is a natural preparation of Hindu origin. Thanks to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities, this mask can greatly improve the appearance of dark circles if applied 3 times a week.
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric (7 g)
- 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of rose water (15 ml)
- To do it, simply mix the turmeric with a few drops of rose water and hydrogen peroxide and combine well.
- Apply it and leave it on your skin for 15 minutes.
- Then, you have to remove it with plenty of water.
8. Vitamin E capsules
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that also protects from the sun’s rays. To do this, use ground coffee to be able to integrate it with the vitamin E capsule.
Caffeine stimulates the micro-circulation of the area and, together with vitamin E, visibly improves dark circles immediately.
- 1 tablespoon of ground coffee (15 g)
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
This trick is especially useful if we have a party or an event and our dark circles are very marked.
- Mix both ingredients to obtain a smooth paste and apply it in the area of dark circles.
- If you don’t have vitamin E, we can replace it with a little aloe vera gel.
9. Green tea
After making your infusion, leave the bags well moistened and put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes. When they’re cool, place them on your closed eyelids and you can take advantage of all the antioxidant and detoxifying properties of tea in this area of your skin.
Now you know how to eliminate dark circles in a natural and effective way. If you are someone who has chronic dark circles, don’t hesitate to try these tips to see which one suits you best.