3 Egg Remedies to Moisturize Dry Hair
The marvelous egg
Eggs are an incredibly well-rounded superfood. They’re high in proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. Despite having a bad cholesterol reputation during the past decades, eggs are actually a considerably healthy food that you can eat on a daily basis.
The yolk is the part of the egg that full of vitamin E and fatty omega-3 acids. These are very healthy antioxidants and fats that are good for you. At the same time, they also make a great home remedy to nourish hair and skin.
How to treat dry hair
If your hair is dry, you need to find a way to keep it moisturized. Any external (climate, pollution) or internal (stress, nutrient deficiencies) factors worsen the problem. Therefore, you need to find products that can really nourish and keep your hair healthy.
Though genetics play a big role when it comes to your hair, your diet and lifestyle can also considerably worsen or help the health of your hair. So, it’s really important to take care of your hair, especially if you are already having problems.
People with dry hair feel like they need to cut their hair frequently to freshen it up and prevent split ends. However, you can find out about some surprising effects, even from the first application, by using natural remedies like egg yolks.
Read this article too: Advice for Treating Dry Hair
Egg yolk home remedies
1. Shampoo with eggs
A really simple way to moisturize dry hair instantly is mixing egg yolk with your normal shampoo. By mixing the two, you can counteract the sulfates, which dry out the capillary fibers with its aggressive cleansing properties.
- First, separate the yolk and set aside.
- When shampooing, apply the egg yolk to the scalp as well.
- Massage into scalp and let the shampoo mix with the yolk.
- Leave it on for 2 minutes.
- Rinse your hair as you normally would.
2. Conditioner with egg and coconut
People who already have a special shampoo for dry hair can also add extra moisture to their hair by using a homemade egg yolk and coconut oil.
- 1 egg yolk
- Coconut oil
If you want, you can add a few drops of an essential oil such as lavender, orange, peppermint, rosemary, etc.
Instructions and application
- Mix the two ingredients together with a fork.
- Prepare just before use.
- After shampooing hair, apply the conditioner, covering all areas of hair.
- Leave it on for 2 to 5 minutes and rinse off.
Check this article too: 100% Natural Conditioner to Strengthen Hair
3. Egg, oil, and lemon hair mask
This treatment gives long lasting results. If you use it twice a week, you can have more moisturized and shinier hair. Likewise, you can also prevent hair loss with this mask.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of oil (15 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
Instructions and application
- Thoroughly mix the three ingredients together.
- If you want the mixture to have a more liquid consistency, add a little water.
- Cover hair with mixture and massage into scalp.
- Cover with a shower cap and, on top of the cap, with a towel.
- Leave it on for at least half an hour. You can leave it on overnight if you want.
- After that time has passed, rinse off hair as you normally would.
In order to have a healthy mane, it’s always necessary to learn to maintain a good hair care routine, but also a balanced diet that allows you to obtain all the nutrients necessary for hair health.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Ácidos grasos Omega-3. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Omega3FattyAcids-DatosEnEspanol/
- Estrucutra del pelo. http://consumidores.msd.com.mx/enfermedades/calvicie/estructura-del-pelo.xhtml
- Lecciones sobre el huevo. http://ineh.com.ec/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/lecciones-sobre-el-huevo.pdf#page=155
- Guía de Buenas Prácticas de Higiene para la Elaboración de Ovoproductos (Huevo líquido pasteurizado refrigerado y huevo cocido). http://www.aecosan.msssi.gob.es/AECOSAN/docs/documentos/seguridad_alimentaria/gestion_riesgos/OVOPRODUCTOS_1.pdf
- Arzeni, Carolina. (2014). Modificación molecular y funcional de proteínas de clara de huevo mediante ultrasonidos de alta intensidad: aplicación de esta tecnología al diseño de nanovehículos para ácido fólico. (Tesis Doctoral. Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales. Universidad de Buenos Aires.). Recuperado de http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12110/tesis_n5480_Arzeni