5 Recipes for Drinks That Help You Lose Weight:
To lose weight, in addition to exercising and following a healthy and balanced diet, there are recipes that will help you avoid fluid retention and speed up your metabolism. All this will make reducing fat mass much easier. In any case, these are not miraculous combinations. By themselves, they won’t have any effect. It’s necessary to include them in the framework of adequate life habits. Next, we’ll talk about some drinks that help you lose weight when they are included in a balanced diet.
We’re going to present you with a series of drinks that you can prepare in a simple way and that will only take a few minutes. With these steps, you will ensure that you achieve your main objective: taking care of the body and not gaining an extra gram of fat – quite the opposite.
Recipes that will help you lose weight
Keep in mind that before preparing the following combinations you have to make sure that the ingredients you buy are of quality. To do this, go to a trusted market where they assure you of their freshness. If they’re also of organic origin and cultivation, all the better.
1. Cucumber Smoothie
This is a shake whose effectiveness is greater if you consume it half an hour before breakfast. In this way, you will help the body clean the digestive system.
As stated in a review in Phytotherapy Research, cucumber helps combat and prevent metabolic syndrome, this being one of the pathologies that hinder weight loss.
- 1/2 slice of pineapple
- A thick slice of cucumber
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 eggplant slice
- 1/2 radish
- First, wash ingredients well. After that, put them in a blender.
- You can add a bit of water to facilitate the process, but it’s not necessary.
- Finally, blend and then drink on an empty stomach.
Read: 6 Effective Ways to Control Hormones That Make You Gain Weight
2. Orange, Grapefruit, and Apple Cider Vinegar
A juice whose ingredients are orange, grapefruit, and apple cider vinegar will be a perfect drink to act as a fat burner. Vinegar, despite some controversy about it, has always been considered a food that is capable of stimulating weight loss. In addition, the vitamin C in citrus ensures the oxidation of lipids when physical activity is carried out.
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of mint tea
- First, we will mix all the ingredients until we get a homogeneous drink.
- Then, the best option is to drink a glass of this juice twice a day, at the indicated times.
- Finally, one of the keys to the effectiveness of this recipe is choosing a good quality apple cider vinegar, since it’s in the fermentation process of this substance that the effect of the juice resides.
Did you know? Four Foods That You Should Avoid in Any Diet to Lose Weight
3. Lemon and chia seed juice
Many may not be familiar with this, but chia seeds are in fact excellent for both detoxing and cleansing the body. They provide unsaturated fatty acids, which are necessary to modulate anti-inflammatory processes.
They’re a perfect natural antioxidant, which helps to capture and eliminate the excess fat that we eat. The lemon will also prevent the body from absorbing more fat than it should, so it is ideal to take in the morning. You can consume it cold or hot.
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 glass of water (8 oz.)
- Juice of 1/2 lemons
- First of all, to make this solution you will have to mix a tablespoon of chia seeds and the juice of half a lemon in a glass of water.
- Next, you will have to let it steep for 10 minutes so that the chia seeds hydrate.
- Finally, the result will be a viscous mixture.
4. Ginger lemonade
Ginger is a root that does not need to be introduced. It has multiple properties. Besides strengthening the immune system, it also speeds up the metabolism and causes digestion to be a lot faster.
There are reviews, such as the one published in the journal Annals of Nutrition & Metabolism, which claim that regular consumption of ginger is capable of stimulating weight loss.
- The juice of three lemons
- 1 liter of water
- A small amount of grated ginger
- First, squeeze the juice of three lemons into a pitcher with three cups of water.
- On the other hand, grate some ginger and infuse it with a cup of hot water.
- Next, once the ginger infusion is cold, you will have to add the lemon water.
- Finally, it’s best that you don’tadd any type of sugar, and if you’d like, it’s best to add some honey.
5. Lemon water
Water with lemon is a drink that will help you burn fat and is especially effective for losing weight if you consume it on an empty stomach. It’s an ideal drink to accelerate the metabolism and purify the body, since it is diuretic and, in addition, helps to strengthen the defenses.
It can also help you fight constipation, pain, and the inflammation associated with it. For it to have more effect, make sure that the lemons are always organic and fresh.
Include drinks to lose weight as part of your usual diet
If you want to lose weight in a healthy way, you already know that there’s not only exercise or a balanced diet. We can help ourselves with some recipes that are great to avoid retaining liquids and will help to shed fat more quickly.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Hedayati N., Bemani Naeini M., Mohammadinejad A., Ahmad Mohejeri S., Beneficial effects of celery (apiu graveolens) on metabolic syndrome: a review of the existing evidences. Phytother Res, 2019. 33 (12): 3040-3053.
- Launholt TL., Kristiansen CB., Hjorth P., Safety and side effects of apple vinegar intake and its effect on metabolic parameters and body weight: a systematic review. Eur J Nutr, 2020.
- Taghizadeh M., Farzin N., Taheri S., Mahlouji M., et al., The effect of dietary supplements containing green tea, capsaicin and ginger extracts on weight loss and metabolic profiles in overweight women: a randomized double blind placebo controlled clinical trial. Ann Nutr Metab, 2017. 70 (4): 277-285.