Do You Have Dark Circles Under Your Eyes? Hide Them Naturally!
Bags under the eyes, like dark circles, are really very unsightly and make us look much more tired than we really are. They can be difficult to cover and make us look as if we’re not taking proper care of our appearance.
There are many different reasons why dark circles under the eyes can appear. Dark circles may bet he product of a sleepless night, which isn’t the same as cases that are due to genetics, allergies, or fluid retention. Learn how to hide dark circles and bags naturally, without resorting to surgery.
Recommendations to say goodbye to dark circles under your eyes
- First of all, you should eat a balanced diet that’s low in sodium, and consume plenty of water.
- Sleep on your back so that water does not accumulate in the eye area, which is what causes bags. To avoid dark circles you have to sleep at least 8 consecutive hours.
- Put two spoons in the freezer and leave them overnight. When you wake up, lie on your back and place the spoons under your eyes. Keep them for five minutes until they’re no longer cold. The swelling will go down because the low temperature will cause the blood vessels to constrict and reduce the swelling.
- Soak a cloth in a cup of cold green tea and place it on the eyes and let it sit for 20 minutes. This is ideal for when we return from work. The tea will increase circulation to the area and reduce puffiness.
- When you wake up, spray water in your eyes. Then, place a raw potato in each or a slice of cucumber. Let it sit for 10 minutes and it will reduce the appearance of dark circles. It’s recommended to repeat this three times a week.
- With your ring finger tap under your eyes, from the inside to the outside (inside to outside), 10 times per eye, once a day. This will help release fluid buildup and stimulate circulation.
- Take two raw egg whites and place them under the eyes and allow them to dry. Rinse with warm water, patting dry. The vitamin B in the egg will improve circulation.
We think you may also enjoy reading this article: Dark Circles Under The Eyes in Children: A Reason For Worry?
Effective treatments for dark circles
Dark circles are a classic symptom of an unhealthy lifestyle. It may be because your nutrition is poor or you have insomnia problems or because you have a skin problem. In order to avoid dark circles under the eyes, take into account the following recommendations:
- Get enough sleep: allow your body to recover and so will your skin and mind.
- Drink plenty of water: this will make your skin softer and smoother and you will also be hydrated and eliminate toxins.
- Eat healthily: Diet is closely related to skin problems. To make it look radiant and not have to suffer from dark circles under the eyes, consume more vitamins and minerals. This way your face will be radiant.
- Use natural whitener to eliminate pigmentation. You can take advantage of potato or cucumber slices, they will offer you more instant benefits.
- Use tea bags: You can use any kind, but the common one is good. Prepare the infusion as usual, let it steep and let it cool. Wet a cloth and apply it under your eyes. You can also place the cold tea bag directly on the eyes. This will reduce swelling.
- Make a paste of honey with a tablespoon of powdered milk and apply to the area, leave for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Makeup tricks to cover dark circles
While you wait for home remedies and good habits to show you their results for dark circles and bags, you can take advantage of makeup tricks to hide these two very common problems of the face.
A good foundation can work miracles on your skin; don’t forget this. In stores you will find many brands of products for dark circles; however, they are not always suitable for your skin or make you look like you’re wearing a mask.
This makeup covers a lot but the problem lies in those who have a very fair complexion because there’s almost never a matching tone. If you’re not a professional in the art of makeup you may suffer from what is known as the “panda bear effect“. This happens when we have a lighter or darker shade around the eyes.
Like this article? You may also like to read: What Colors Look Good on You According to Your Skin, Hair, and Eyes
To avoid this and at the same time hide the unsightly dark circles, once your face is clean, apply your usual foundation by gently dabbing with your fingers, so you will cover the dark circles, make sure they’re not visible. Let it sit for a few minutes and continue applying makeup. This is to prevent the top layer from sweeping with the foundation. Apply makeup all over the face except in the area of the dark circles under the eyes. In this area, you should apply a softer layer with the brush.
This way you will get coverage as opaque as the foundation under the eyes and you will get the same tone, avoiding stains in that area. There are lighter mineral powders or powders with shimmer, to give light touches or even to even out the face.
If you notice that you have a lighter tone where the dark circles are, you can compensate with a little blush on the cheeks. You will avoid drawing attention where you don’t want it, you can also paint your lips with a bright color, such as red.It might interest you...