Do These Exercises to Get Rid of Gas Naturally
Your diet and lifestyle habits play a fundamental role in your life — and your digestion. Here are some tips and simple exercises that can help you get rid of gas naturally.
Would you like to learn how to get rid of gas naturally? Most people would give a resounding “yes” because gas is annoying and affects everyone to some degree. In this article you’ll learn simple tips to free yourself of this nuisance.
Gas is produced naturally in your body to break down ingested food. It can be minor, or it can be rather bad and produce very bad odors, which is the part that bothers most people more than anything.
Types of Gas and Their Causes
Gas can be produced in two ways. The first is akin to a belch or burp and the causes are the following:
• Eating too fast
• Chewing gum
• Swallowing air
The other form of flatulence is generated in the lower part of the digestive system. Among the foods that cause flatulence:
• Cabbage and related vegetables
• Fruit (apples, grapes)
• Carbonated beverages
These foods often aggravate the digestive system. Besides causing physical problems, they may also produce great embarrassment.
Exercises to Eliminate Gas
These exercises are easy and work for both adults and children. The most important thing is to keep the body moving so that the gas can move and be expelled.
1. Riding a bicycle
Biking is very popular with people of all ages. It can be done outside or on a stationary bike if you prefer; it all depends on how much time you have. The movements you make while biking will activate your stomach and then expel gas: a natural way to get rid of gas that’s fun and easy.
2. The baby pose
This pose is very helpful if you want to get rid of gas — and quick. You do it by sitting on your knees, bending your body forward and stretching out your arms. Hold for 30 seconds.
• Another variation: lie on your back, lifting your legs and bending your knees slightly. Grab your feet with your hands and balance this way for at least 30 seconds.
3. Moving your hips
This exercise is very easy and an excellent way to get rid of gas.
• Lie down in a comfortable spot with your knees a bit bent. Stretch your arms out beside your head.
• Turn your hips, moving your knees from one side to the other.
• While moving, breathe softly. Move your legs without moving your torso or shoulders.
4. Cobra pose
The cobra pose is an excellent yoga pose for flatulence. Just lie on a comfortable surface, face down. Support yourself on the tips of your toes and your hands, placing them under your shoulders.
• Stretch your arms while you breathe in so that your chest gradually lifts up from the floor without moving the rest of your body.
• Simultaneously contract your glutes. Hold this position for at least 30 seconds, breathing through your nose.
5. Down dog
The down dog pose, or dhanurasana in yoga, is our final way to get rid of gas. As a plus, you’ll also be strengthening your body. Yoga helps expel gas produced by menstrual cramps, too.
To start this position, just put your head down with your arms stretched out at the sides of your body and your legs stretched out as well.
• Bend your knees, bringing your feet forward so you can hold your ankles.
• Hold this position for a few seconds.
Spend some time doing these exercises and you’ll get rid of gas — along with the discomfort and embarrassment it bring!