Do These Exercises to Get Rid of Gas Naturally
Diet and eating habits play a fundamental role in the build up of gases. Read on for advice and to learn some exercises that'll help alleviate the discomfort.
Although you may have heard that complete rest can be useful, if you want to get rid of gas naturally certain gentle exercises can help the discomfort disappear little by little.
Gases are produced naturally in the body when food is broken down. They can be mild or intense, often producing acute pain.
This is common and causes some people a lot of discomfort, but usually nothing more serious. The exercises we’ll show you here will help provide relief
Types of Gas and Their Causes
Gas can be produced in two ways. The first is akin to a belch or burp and the causes are the following:
- Eating too fast
- Chewing gum
- Inhaling air through your mouth (causing air to enter the digestive tract), which is very common if you talk while you’re eating.
The other form of flatulence is generated in the lower part of the digestive system. Among the foods that cause flatulence are:
- Cabbage and related vegetables
- Fruit (apples, grapes)
- Carbonated drinks
These foods often aggravate the digestive system. Besides causing physical problems, they may also produce great embarrassment.
Exercises to Eliminate Gas Naturally
These exercises are easy and work for both adults and children. The most important thing is to keep the body moving so that the gas can move and be expelled.
1. Riding a bicycle
Biking is very popular with people of all ages. It can be done outside or on a stationary bike if you prefer; it all depends on how much time you have.
The movements you make while biking will activate your stomach and then expel gas: a natural way to get rid of gas that’s fun and easy.
2. The bow pose
The dhanurasana or bow pose is another yoga exercise that’s very beneficial for eliminating gas. This position also helps strengthen the muscles, keeping them firm. You’ll get a lot of relief by reducing excess flatulence and constipation.
In addition, yoga serves to eliminate the gases produced by menstrual cramps. To perform this posture you lie face down with your arms stretched along the sides of your body, while your legs are also stretched.
Then bend your knees, bringing your feet forward, so that you can hold your ankles with your hands.
Hold this pose for a few seconds to get great results.
3. The child’s pose
This pose is very helpful if you want to get rid of gas — and quick. You do it by sitting on your knees, bending your body forward and stretching out your arms. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Another variation: lie on your back, lifting your legs and bending your knees slightly.
- Grab your feet with your hands and balance this way for at least 30 seconds.
4. Moving your hips
This exercise is very easy and an excellent way to get rid of gas.
• Lie down in a comfortable spot with your knees a bit bent. Stretch your arms out beside your head.
• Turn your hips, moving your knees from one side to the other.
• While moving, breathe softly. Move your legs without moving your torso or shoulders.
5. Cobra pose
The cobra pose is an excellent yoga pose for flatulence. Just lie on a comfortable surface, face down. Support yourself on the tips of your toes and your hands, placing them under your shoulders.
• Stretch your arms while you breathe in so that your chest gradually lifts up from the floor without moving the rest of your body.
• Simultaneously contract your glutes. Hold this position for at least 30 seconds, breathing through your nose.
Get rid of gas naturally by moving!
As you can see, it’s possible to eliminate gas by moving. Just keep in mind that you should always do the exercises gently and slowly. You don’t need to go fast.
Dedicate some time to do a set of these exercises and you’ll be able to get rid of the gas from your body and avoid discomfort. And if you want even more relief, prepare a delicious digestive infusion at the end of your round.