Some Great Natural Remedies for Damaged Hair
Our hair is exposed to all the elements 24 hours a day so here are some natural remedies for damaged hair for you to try
The properties in the natural ingredients in these masks are perfect for nourishing and regenerating hair. To strengthen these effects, put on a plastic shower cap after applying the masks. Using a flat iron or hairdryer every day, using any kind of chemicals, and even being exposed to the sun can damage hair. If your hair is dry, rough, lifeless and has split ends, make sure to read this article. We’re going to provide some great natural remedies for damaged hair.
The best natural remedies for damaged hair
I’m sure you’ve taken a look at, or even used, some products sold in stores which say they repair damaged hair. However, you don’t need to spend a lot of money or believe in the promises sold by the creams and treatments. They don’t always live up to expectations either.
It’s better to choose homemade recipes with things that you already have at home. This is cheaper and just as effective as other treatments. Here are some of the natural remedies for burnt hair:
Aloe vera and olive oil
This is the first of our natural remedies for damaged hair. This mask is made up of two ingredients with well-known properties in health and beauty. Aloe vera nourishes and regenerates hair, promoting growth. It also helps prevent dyes or excessive heat from damaging strands. The olive oil makes hair softer and acts as a protective shield against damage.
- 5 Tbsp. aloe vera
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Firstly, cut open a stalk of aloe vera and extract the gel from inside
- Then place the 5 Tbsp. of the gel into a bowl, and mix in the olive oil
- Finally, apply to the damaged hair. Allow to sit for half an hour
- After half an hour, wash as normal using shampoo and conditioner (even better if these, too, are homemade)
Mayonnaise and oils
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 5 drops olive oil
- 5 drops castor oil
- 2 vitamin E capsules (optional)
- First of all, add the mayonnaise and olive oil in a bowl
- Then add the castor oil and mix well
- If you prefer, you can include the vitamin E capsules at this point
- Finally, apply to dry hair, from mid-strand to the ends
- Remove with ample amounts of water, then wash as usual
- Repeat once a week
Honey and egg
This is a truly wonderful combination to make your hair look as good as new. In addition it can also stop hair from looking burnt and dull. Honey adds shine while the egg contains nutrients and enzymes that moisturize hair, making it silky smooth.
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Firstly, beat the egg in a large cup, then mix in the honey
- If you’d like even greater moisturizing effects, add 1 Tbsp. coconut oil and another tablespoon of almond oil
- Spread throughout your hair (the middle and ends) and then cover with a plastic shower cap
- Finally, after 30 minutes, rinse with warm water
- Wash as normal and allow to air dry (don’t use a blow dryer)
See also: 3 Egg Remedies to Moisturize Dry Hair
Avocado and coconut oil
If you need to reduce burnt ends and fight dryness in your hair, then there’s nothing better than these two elements. Coconut oil nourishes strands and the meat from the avocado provides the strength your hair needs to recover.
- 1 avocado
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Firstly, cut the avocado in half and then open it. Remove the stone
- Take out the fruit content and place it in a large cup
- Then crush with a fork or a mortar and pestle
- Add the coconut oil and stir so that all ingredients are mixed
- Apply to hair. Allow to set for 20 minutes
- Finally, remove with warm water and then wash as normal
Olive oil, beer and mustard
This isn’t for making a salad dressing, but to give your hair the softness that it needs. This effective treatment can be used twice a week, and within approximately one month, you will start to see results.
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 bottle of beer
- 2 Tbsp. mustard (if you don’t have mustard, use mayonnaise)
- Firstly, add the olive oil and mustard to a bowl with the beer.
- Then mix well, making sure to create a thick, uniform mixture.
- Spread throughout your hair, focusing on the ends.
- Finally, allow to sit for 30 minutes, then remove with ample amounts of water.
Fruit and yogurt
The nutrients in fruit are great for keeping you healthy inside and out. This is because they contain amazing antioxidant and moisturizing properties. This recipe also contains yogurt, which is known for its moisturizing capabilities and for making hair soft.
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 Tbsp. plain yogurt (37 grams)
- 3 peach slices
- 1 vitamin E capsule (optional)
- First peel the banana and cut in half. Then place in the blender.
- Cut open the avocado and extract the fruit.
- After that, add it into the blender.
- After that, peel the peach and cut into 3 slices, and add it to the blender.
- Lastly, add the yogurt. If you prefer, you can also add the vitamin E capsule at this time.
- Mix everything well into a uniform mixture. Make sure it doesn’t have lumps.
- Apply to your hair (roots, strand and ends) and the cover with a plastic shower cap.
- Allow to sit for half an hour.
- Rinse with warm water and then wash with shampoo and conditioner.
Olive oil, honey and egg
Here is the last of our natural remedies for damaged hair.
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Firstly, beat the egg in a bowl, along with the olive oil and honey
- Then apply to the ends of your hair
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes, and , finally, remove with warm water
- Repeat once a week
Try one of our natural remedies for damaged hair today!