Cure Blisters Fast with Natural Remedies
Blisters that appear on the heel should not be popped because they might become infected. If necessary, you can drain the fluid.
Have you ever broken in a new pair of shoes? If you have, then you’ve probably dealt with those classic blisters on your heels and toes. They’re horribly painful! But what can you do to cure blisters fast so they stop bothering you? Today we’re going to show you some simple, helpful tips to do just that.
1. Help, I have a blister!
Narrow, tight-fitting shoes almost always end up causing problems. This is even more true if they’re new and you wear them for long periods of time. One mistake a lot of people make is to pop the blisters as soon as they take off their shoes.
Why is that a mistake? Because it can lead to infection. When you take off your shoes and you see that your heel is inflamed and has a blister, follow these steps:
- Fill a tub or basin with salt water (5 tablespoons of salt in 5 liters of hot water)
- While the water is still hot, submerge your feet. It may hurt at first, but after a few minutes you’ll find relief.
- Relax for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully dry your feet and check the blisters again. If they’re large and it’s difficult to get your shoes on, it would be better to drain the liquid. Do it with a needle that has been sterilized with alcohol. It’s almost always better not to pop them: they heal better and aren’t as likely to get infected.
You might like: Tips for Relieving Tired Feet
2. A little relief: aloe vera, a great way to cure blisters fast
Aloe vera is great for treating an endless array of everyday problems. If you have blisters on your feet, then aloe vera is definitely going to become your best friend. Here are some simple things it does:
- Calms pain and stinging.
- Heals wounds.
- Blisters dry up more quickly and are less bothersome the following day.
To receive the benefits of this treatment, you only need 20 grams of aloe vera gel. It’s the transparent gel from the plant’s center. Apply it to blisters and abrasions, cover the area with a bandage, and leave it to work overnight.
3. Baking soda, always a good way to cure blisters fast
Do you want to learn how to cure blisters fast? Well then, write down these tips:
- Carefully wash your feet in a basin or tub of hot water, then add five sprigs of fresh rosemary; it’s an excellent anti-inflammatory that helps eliminate any impurities or bacteria on the blister.
- Dry your feet.
- Take 200 ml of water and add 20 grams of baking soda and 40 ml hydrogen peroxide. Stir well.
- Generously apply the solution to the affected areas with a cotton ball. Continue applying until all of the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide solution is used.
- If you do it twice, the blisters will be practically healed the next day and abrasions won’t be as noticeable.
Read more: Therapeutic Uses of Baking Soda
4. A simple remedy with garlic
For this remedy, the only things that you’ll need are three cloves of garlic and 100 grams of thyme. Do you want to learn how to alleviate blisters and abrasions on the feet? Write this down:
- Heat 5 liters of water and add 100 grams of thyme. This medicinal plant is great for disinfecting and reducing inflammation, and is necessary to remove any impurities from the blisters or abrasions.
- Soak your feet in the hot water and relax for at least 20 minutes, then dry carefully.
- Look over your blisters and remember that if they aren’t that big, it’s best not to pop them to keep them from getting infected.
- Place three cloves of garlic into a mortar and, once well crushed, soak into two bandages
- Apply this remedy to the area with blisters or abrasions. As you know, garlic is an amazing natural antibiotic that can treat any wound or abrasion.
- Let work for 15 minutes, then remove. No need to rinse. Leave the garlic to do its job.
To treat blisters and abrasions, choose the treatment that most appeals to you. It’s important to start by washing your feet, then applying the remedy of your choice, whether it be aloe vera or baking soda. These simple remedies are extremely useful if you want to deal with this annoying issue.