Using Coconut Water for Hypothyroidism
Is it possible to cure hypothyroidism? Sometimes people with issues can manage to trick their thyroid into producing enough hormones to function properly, but that takes a lot of effort, motivation, and the ability to combine their medical treatment with changes to their everyday activities. For example, did you know that using coconut water for hypothyroidism is an extremely effective natural remedy?
Find out everything you need to know in today’s article.
The many benefits of using coconut water for hypothyroidism
If you have hypothyroidism, you probably have many of these symptoms:
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Dry skin
- Sensitivity to cold, always having cold hands and feet
- Near constant fatigue
- Muscle aches
- Urinary infections
All of these problems probably come from the fact that your thyroid isn’t producing enough hormones to regulate your bodily functions and let you live a normal life. But to counteract those effects and get your thyroid back up and running normally, you need to be taking the right medication for you, which your doctors have probably already prescribed.
But there are still lots of people who get frustrated when they don’t see immediate results. They may continue to suffer from those side effects we listed above (like weight gain and tiredness) and have trouble living a normal life. So what can you do?
What if, no matter how much you exercise you can’t lose those extra pounds? What if vitamin supplements don’t seem to help at all…What’s the answer? Well, you could try adding some coconut water to your diet.
1. Coconut water helps regulate the thyroid gland
This is one of the best properties of coconut water, and even coconut oil. Its natural enzymes stimulate an underactive thyroid. It can even regulate your thyroid if it’s overactive. Using coconut water for hypothyroidism is usually so good because it helps control weight gain and regulates your intestines.
2. Coconut water helps strengthen your immune system
Coconut water is high in potassium, phosphorus, iron, and calcium. These can all help you avoid infections that you might otherwise be vulnerable to because of your thyroid issues.
It also speeds up your metabolism, which will help you fight fatigue and make you feel stronger, along with boosting your natural defenses.
3. Coconut water fights cellular oxidation
When you have hypothyroidism, your cells become oxidized more because of the hormone deficit. This makes it harder for your body to process foods, your skin becomes drier and less elastic, you start to suffer from liver problems, and many other things.
Combining your prescribed medication with coconut water will give your body antioxidants and help you synthesize thyroid hormones more efficiently. This is definitely worth remembering.
You might like: Symptoms of a Liver Infection
4. Coconut water keeps you hydratedDry skin, fatigue, headaches…these symptoms all come from the problems with your thyroid gland. They can also inhibit other basic bodily functions. If you try drinking two to three glasses of coconut water a day, you’ll be giving your body the hydration it needs.
5. Coconut water nourishes your hair, skin, and nails
Coconut water is great for returning the minerals your body loses, which can stimulate the growth and overall health of your hair, skin, and nails.
6. Coconut water improves digestionPeople with hypothyroidism have slower, heavier digestion. They often feel overfull and suffer from fluid retention or constipation. Don’t think twice – drink a few glasses of coconut water take advantage of its bioactive enzymes, like phosphatase and peroxidase acid, which are both great for digestion.
7. Coconut water for weight loss
Coconut water is good at speeding up a slow metabolism and cleansing your body of toxins. This also makes it an ideal complement to a proper diet and weight loss regimen. You’ll get some great results if you drink it.
How should you consume coconut water for hypothyroidism?
- Try drinking two or three glasses of coconut water after your main meal, for 20 days. Rest for 10 days, then repeat.
- If you like you can also try coconut oil instead. It’s equally beneficial. Make sure you buy organic coconut oil that’s produced naturally. It needs to be kept in a cool place, and you should take a tablespoon of it every day, preferably in the morning. Like coconut water, coconut oil also speeds up your metabolism and stimulates the production of thyroid hormone. It’s fantastic.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- DebMandal, M., & Mandal, S. (2011). Coconut (Cocos nucifera L.: Arecaceae): In health promotion and disease prevention. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1995-7645(11)60078-3