Wood is a basic and elegant element in our homes, whether in the kitchen, living room, or even the floors. It’s the preferred material to not only make a home more beautiful, but also cozier.
However, it can cost a lot to keep wood looking beautiful. It cracks, darkens, and gets scratched… What can we do? Sure you can spend a lot of money on chemical products to keep it in good shape, but there are a few tricks that are both effective and economical that can offer you the same results.
Explore our article to discover how to clean and polish wood as simply and cheaply as possible.
1. Polish with almond oil
We’re almost certain you’ve heard of using almond oil as a daily beauty treatment. It can prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, smooth dry skin and even treat dry hair and split ends.
But did you know that almond oil is really useful for taking care of materials like wood? See how you can use it for your wood furniture and floors:
- Repairs cracked wood by smoothing the surface.
- Makes wood shine.
- Provides protection for your furniture for up to 5 days.
- Offers great results for surfaces like chairs, tables, and medium-sized furniture.
How do I make a polish for wood using almond oil?
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons almond oil
- Dry cotton cloth
- Never use hot water. Mixing hot water with essential oils will cause them to lose their beneficial properties. Find a container win which you can mix the water and the almond oil and dampen the cloth. It’s easy, just take the damp cloth and use it to clean your wood furniture. Just moisten and polish, then allow it to dry on its own.
2. Clean difficult surfaces
Every home has surfaces that are difficult to clean, whether it’s the floor, figurines, or the wooden banisters on your stairs. They accumulate dirt over time and begin to darken. What can we do? Pay attention, you’ll see how easy it is to take care of damaged wood.
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- A cotton cloth
- Find a container or bucket. Just mix these two ingredients and soak the cotton cloth. Use it to clean dull and dirty surfaces. You’ll notice the great results.
3. Wash for wood floors
Do you have wood floors in your home? Do you spend a lot of money on products to care for your wood floors to keep them shining? Then you need to try this simple trick. You’ll see how it gives you the same results for much less money.
- 1 cup warm water
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 10 drops tea tree essential oil
- We’ve talked a lot about the great benefits of tea tree oil. It’s the best natural disinfectant you can find, it’s ideal for treating surfaces damaged by time, and cleaning and brightening dull, dirty surfaces. Tea tree essential oil is easy to find in any natural store or specialty shop. It’s inexpensive and has tons of applications, not just for household cleaning, but also for beauty. You can even use it to make your own hand sanitizer.
- To clean floors, warm the water. It should be warm, not hot. Then just add the white vinegar and 10 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- To clean wood floors, you can use one of two methods. The first is somewhat more difficult as it involves wetting the cloth and scrubbing the floor by hand. The second method is much easier, just spray the mixture on the floor and use a mop to slowly remove any traces of dirt. Within minutes, you’ll notice the parts that you’ve cleaned begin to shine.
- You’ll see how bright and clean the floors stays, and it will smell good too!
Which method do you prefer?