Calm Your Nerves with Honey
Honey contains many therapeutic properties. For example, it produces simple sugars like fructose and glucose that are absorbed quickly in the blood.
Honey contains numerous properties. One of them is that it can be a natural relaxer for your nerves. This is produced from the change in the flower nectar that bees produce. That means that you can actually calm your nerves with honey.
It is also known for its diuretic, fortifying, laxative, and antibacterial properties, as well as other benefits for your body. On the other hand, you have to add the therapeutical properties along with the nourishing ones, as studies reflect their curative abilities.
Besides that, honey can create a tonic in the bodies of convalescent people. It provides resistance to infections and supports good health. Also, it can act as a stimulant for your appetite, regulate intestinal movement and diuresis, improve your blood’s composition, and increase defenses in your body in order to fight infections.
You might be interested in: Four Good Habits to Increase Your Defenses
Calm Your Nerves with Honey
Honey contains many therapeutic properties. For example, it produces simple sugars like fructose and glucose that are absorbed quickly in the blood. Its importance lies in the fact that glucose is essential for neurons. That is why they suggest you eat it if you have nervous fits or physical or psychological fatigue. Besides that, when glucose is absorbed before fructose, it helps vitalize the muscles to prevent cramps, contractors, and stiffness in them. Also, it helps stabilize your blood sugar levels.
Therefore, it is recommended for people with cardiac problems, deficiency in their muscles, and who suffer from nervous fits. This substance, which is full of flavonoids, enzymes, carotenoids, phenols, and antioxidants, is also used by athletes. Also, thanks to the absorption of tryptophan,you can calm your nerves with honey thanks to its sedative and relaxing effects that can even induce sleep.
On the other hand, it is an excellent relaxer for coughing and an expectorant. It helps throat irritation, simple bronchial processes, and sinusitis. It alleviates chronic coughing by being mixed with a little bit of hazelnut. For throat pain, you can add it to a glass of warm milk. They also suggest this last option fir facilitating rest and its tranquilizing effect.
Combinations and Support
You can calm your nerves with honey. But the main properties of honey revolve around its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, and relaxing support:
- Helps people that suffer from peptic ulcers by taking one teaspoon of it on an empty stomach and not eating for 1 hour.
- Honey combined with lemon can improve throat irritation, reduce fevers, and lessen coughing.
- Consuming a teaspoon of honey during the first meal of the day can provide more energy for the rest of the day.
- Even burns and wounds can be healed with honey due to the antiseptics that are inside it. They heal it and prevent against infections, and also accelerate the skin’s recovery. It is also an excellent disinfectant for minor skin cuts.
- Improves the functioning of the digestive system and is suggested for constipation.
- Thanks to its antiseptic qualities, it helps prevent infections.
- It is capable of improving the absorption of nutrients like iron and calcium. It also maintains bone mass in the skeleton. Thus, they recommend eating it with other foods that contain calcium.
- It is considered to be a prebiotic food due to its oligosaccharides (chain sugars).
- It has antioxidant elements that prevent diseases like cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging (by reducing cellular damage that free radicals cause), inflammatory diseases, and brain and heart diseases.
Contradictions of Honey
There are some contradictions that you should keep in mind when you eat honey and the amount of it. Although it is a natural sweetener with many benefits, babies should not consume this food. Mothers will often try to calm children with a little bit of honey. However, this causes clostridium botulinum spores to develop due to the acidity it contains.
These spores are bacteria that don’t cause harm in adults most of the time because they have the necessary stomach acid. However, children have a digestive system that prevents them from disintegrating the spores. Therefore, children can suffer from infant botulism. It is also suggested not sweetening the baby’s food with any kind of artificial sweetener if they are younger than 18 months old.
On the other hand, consuming honey can increase antioxidants found in blood plasma. This can become a problem because the majority of honey that is sold is pasteurized. Industrial processes to fight crystallization in honey, prevent pollen particles, and extend the leavening in honey cause the benefit of the antioxidants to reduce by 30%.
Alternatives for Controlling Nervousness
Nervousness is very common for most people. People suffer from it when they are faced with some kind of fear, when they are uncertain, when the situation they are faced with becomes uncontrolled and they feel incapable of dealing with it, when they feel angry, or even when they are under pressure, whether it is from family, personal, or work situations. Thankfully, you can calm your nerves with honey.
There are alternatives to consuming honey to calm your nerves, starting with exercising your mind. In this way, you will be able to respond calmly to new situations if you are faced with them. As a result, your mind will relax as will your body and you will avoid uneasy moments.
You can calm your nerves with honey, but these are the other alternatives that you can use to begin to stay calm:
- Drink a chamomile or lime blossom infusion.
- Begin to do body movements slowly and continuously.
- You should do breathing exercises, inhaling and exhaling calmly.
- An option to calm yourself down is to listen to music.
- A hot bath relaxes your muscles and tension.
- Counting to 100 without rushing can also work.
- The mind is very powerful. For this reason, visualizing a better scene can help eliminate your nerves.
- A calm environment, like nature, provides calming sensations.
- Writing your overwhelming thoughts that are upsetting you on a piece of paper helps keep you calm once you have done it.
- Communicating can serve as a relaxer. Explaining your problems to someone else and asking for advice helps you have a different perspective on the situation.