Calm Burning Feet with These Seven Homemade Remedies
The majority of people experience the uncomfortable sensation of burning feet at least once in their lives. It can be caused by changes in the nervous system, injuries, or excessive physical exercise.
It’s usually accompanied by slight redness of the skin and increased sweating. In this article, we’re going to share seven homemade remedies to help calm burning feet. Don’t hesitate in giving them a try if you suffer from this problem.
Homemade remedies for burning feet
Although this isn’t usually a serious condition, it can, on occasion, be a secondary effect of another illness, so you shouldn’t lose sight of this fact.
Fortunately, as well as medications, there are various homemade remedies that can alleviate this problem without any side effects.
1. Essential chamomile oil
Known for its relaxing and sedative properties, essential chamomile oil is one of the homemade remedies for calming burning feet. Its compounds help to improve circulation, which is why it’s used to treat various ailments in this area of the body.
In addition, it promotes the control of the inflammatory processes that cause burning feet, according to a study conducted by the Case Western Reserve University (United States).
- 2 tablespoons of essential chamomile oil (30 g).
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (5 g).
- Mix the chamomile oil with the olive oil.
How to use
- Rub the treatment onto your feet, massaging it in for 5 to 10 minutes.
- If necessary, repeat twice a day.
You might also like to read: Easy, Useful, and Natural Chamomile Remedies
2. Bitter gourd
Bitter gourd is an ingredient that’s greatly valued in natural medicine. In fact, it’s known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It’s often included as an ingredient in creams to treat psoriasis and it’s thought that it can treat various other ailments such as burning feet.
- 6 bitter gourd leaves.
- Water (if necessary).
- Chop up the gourd leaves and moisten them with some water until it forms a soft paste.
How to use
- Rub the paste over the affected area and leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water. Use twice a day.
3. White hawthorn
White hawthorn is a traditional remedy that decreases burning and redness in the feet.
In addition, it improves blood circulation, according to a study conducted by the Pharmacy Office and the Master Formulation Laboratory of Madrid. It also helps to control the uncomfortable sensations of tingling.
- 1 tablespoon of white hawthorn leaves (15 g).
- 1 cup of water (250 ml).
- Put the white hawthorn leaves in a cup of boiling water and cover.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes then strain.
How to consume
- Drink it 2 or 3 times a day.
- Drink it daily until the burning sensation in your feet has subsided.
4. Ginger and coconut oil
A mixture of ginger and coconut oil is an analgesic product that can calm burning, pain, and inflammation in your feet. This is confirmed in a study conducted by The Himalaya Drug Company and research conducted by the University of Isfahan (Iran).
It contains moisturizing and revitalizing compounds that reduce any feelings of heaviness and changes in skin texture.
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger (5 g).
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 g).
- Mix the ginger and coconut oil together until it forms a paste.
How to use
- Apply the product to your feet and massage it in for 5 minutes.
- Rinse off. If necessary repeat twice a day.
You might like to read: The Properties and Uses of Ginger
5. Witch hazel water
poor circulation.a study conducted by the Ludwig-Maximilians-UniversitätMünchen (Germany).
Its active ingredients activate blood flow and reduce discomfort such as swelling, burning, and feelings of heaviness.
- 3 tablespoons of witch hazel (45 g).
- 2 cups of water (500 ml).
- Add the witch hazel to the water and boil, over low heat, for 5 minutes.
- Cover the liquid and let it stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
How to use
- Pour into a basin and soak your feet for 20 minutes.
- Use every day to calm the burning sensation.
6. Apple cider vinegar
According to a study conducted by the Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute, apple cider vinegar has calming and anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it reduces the discomfort of burning feet.
Its pH acid also stops fungi growth and prevents infections and skin problems.
- 3 cups of water (750 ml).
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar (62 ml).
- Heat the water and, without letting it boil, pour it into a bowl.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and stir until well-mixed.
How to use
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes and then dry.
- If your symptoms continue, repeat twice a day.
7. Epsom salts
Magnesium sulfate, commonly known as Epsom salts, is another home remedy that can relieve burning feet.
It’s considered to be a natural exfoliant but is also used to treat various ailments since it’s said to have anti-inflammatory and relaxing effects. However, there’s no research to support this claim.
They’re really easy to use. Simply pour warm water into a tub and add half a cup of Epsom salts. Immerse your feet for as long as you want to or until the water cools.
If you experience burning feet, try one of these homemade remedies. However, if the problem persists and is accompanied by other symptoms, make sure you visit your doctor.It might interest you...