Beverages to Fight Bad Breath
Bad breath is something that can happen to anyone and can have several causes. In this article, learn about some beverages to fight bad breath.
Bad breath can be uncomfortable for those nearby, especially in a work situation where it might be more difficult to tell the person that he or she has bad breath. Do you know how to fight bad breath?
Bad breath is caused primarily by a lack of oral hygiene, cavities, dentures, gum disease, sinusitis, throat or lunginfections, smoking, liver conditions, or gastric conditions. Other conditions could cause it as well. However, in this article we’re going to focus on minor causes, like lack of oral hygiene and eating heavily seasoned foods.
Remember that if your bad breath continues, it’s very important to discover the cause. It could be a sign that something great is wrong health-wise. Whenever you have good hygiene and clean teeth, you can easily rule out cleanliness as the cause of your problem.
You can use certain measures to fight bad breath within the comfort of your own home. These will help keep your breath fresh and pleasant.
Natural Ways to Fight Bad Breath
- Mint is a wonderful help for refreshing breath. We recommend chewing a few fresh mint leaves or making a mint infusion.
- Parsley is also very useful for improving breath. Chew a few fresh sprigs of parsley and you’ll notice the difference.
- Another remedy is to brush your teeth or rinse your mouth with baking soda, as this will eliminate bacteria, leaving your mouth clean and fresh. Remember that bacteria are what is responsible for the unpleasant odor. Prepare the rinse by mixing one tablespoon of baking soda in one glass of water.
- Chewing sugar-free gum is also beneficial. It increases the amount of saliva in your mouth, which will help clean your mouth and teeth, eliminating possible accumulated food residue.
Below, we are going to show you a few beverages that, just like the previous tips, will help improve halitosis, and help you fight bad breath.
Apple, Orange and Spinach Juice
- Half an apple
- 1 orange
- A handful of spinach leaves
- First, wash, peel and cut the apple into pieces.
- Then, squeeze the juice from the orange, and dice the spinach.
- Blend all ingredients until well blended.
- Drink the juice three times a week.
You might be interested in:
Beet and Cucumber Juice
- Half of a beet
- 1 cucumber
- 1 glass of water
- Wash, peel and cut the vegetables.
- Place them in a blender and blend for a few minutes.
- Strain and drink this juice once a week.
Carrot Spinach Juice
- 250 grams carrot
- 125 grams spinach
- Blend all ingredients.
- Drink half a glass after meals.
In order to prevent halitosis, it’s very important that you have good oral hygiene.
Keep in mind that just brushing your teeth is not enough, you also need to pay attention to your tongue.
Food residue can accumulate on your tongue, which if not correctly eliminated through cleaning, will cause bad breath. You can clean your tongue gently with a toothbrush or use a tongue scraper, which is designed specifically to clean this area.
Get used to brushing your teeth after each meal, then floss. A lot of times the bristles on a toothbrush can’t reach hidden places between teeth, which allows bacteria and dental plaque to accumulate.
If you continue to have bad breath after using these tips, see your doctor. They will be able to help find the cause of the problem and treat it correctly.