The 5 Best Aphrodisiac Drinks
We generally tend to think that a romantic dinner or some candy can be the triggers for pleasure. However, there are also some aphrodisiac drinks that can arouse interest in your partner.
After all, an evening with your partner doesn’t always have to be the same or involve the same activities. In other words, for a successful night with your significant other, you don’t always need to turn to the same formula: candles, music, wine, and dinner.
The following aphrodisiac drinks that we suggest are really simple to make. Furthermore, once they’re ready, they look really appetizing because of their color and texture. They also contain really easy-to-find ingredients.
Why resort to aphrodisiac drinks?
The combination of aphrodisiac foods, products, or ingredients positively affects the body and stimulates it for sexual intercourse. Thus, it’s said that these drinks can improve blood circulation, alert tthe brain, and promote the production of sex hormones.
Biologically, the goal is for both partners to achieve the necessary harmony to have sex.
Both of you must be physically and mentally ready to climax. Thus, you can resort to certain elements to ensure absolute success.
Throughout history, aphrodisiac properties have been attributed to several foods and plants. For this reason, in some cultures, people use them to promote a couple’s intimate closeness.
The key fruits in aphrodisiac drinks
Fruits are very common ingredients in aphrodisiac drinks. Therefore, it’s a good idea to take them into account.
All fruits contain various nutrients to improve health, boost well-being and, in a way, stimulate the senses and increase sexual desire.
They’re also beneficial to increase the feeling of pleasure, happiness, and well-being. These are determining factors for intimate encounters to be satisfying.
Strawberry is the queen of erotic fruits par excellent.
It’s said that it’s red color and zinc content could increase libido.
Mango is a tropical fruit that’s considered ideal to promote sexual encounters. It contains vitamin E, which helps support progesterone production. This is one of the hormones that plays a role in sexual desire in women.
In addition, it contains amino acids, which are precursors of serotonin. This is known as the happiness hormone, and happiness is very important in any sexual encounter.
This is another tropical fruit that could improve sexual encounters. Watermelon is a very powerful aphrodisiac food. It contains citrulline, a nutrient that relaxes blood vessels and promotes long-lasting and powerful erections.
We recommend you to read: You’ll be Surprised by These 3 Benefits of Watermelon
5 aphrodisiac drinks that you should try
Take your time to prepare each one of these aphrodisiac drinks. In addition to the ingredients, you need to add a little love, desire, and passion.
1. Pink caress drink
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup of small strawberries (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (40 g)
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (245 g)
- ½ cup of skimmed milk (100 g)
- Firstly, add all the ingredients in a blender and put on maximum speed. Blend for about two minutes.
- Then, serve and decorate to taste.
2. Ginger smoothie
Ginger has a lot of health properties. The amount of antioxidants it contains improves cardiovascular performance. As it also helps improve circulation, it could help achieve an erection.
- 1 apple (30 g)
- 2 carrots (60 g)
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- A bunch of spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger (20 g)
- Firstly, chop the spinach leaves into small pieces and chop the apple and carrots (you don’t need to peel the apple).
- Then, add all the ingredients to a blender and process for a few minutes.
- If you like, you can add a little sugar or sweetener.
- Finally, serve with a couple of cubes of ice and enjoy.
3. Acapulco cocktail
- Pineapple juice
- Half a glass of rum (100 ml)
- Firstly, add both ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Then, shake well and serve with a lot of ice.
- Finally, decorate it with a lemon wedge.
4. Passion daiquiri
The touch of mango won’t only add a sweet taste to this drink but will also help give it a delicious aroma. Try it today!
- A touch of honey
- Mango juice
- Half a glass of white rum (100 ml)
- Firstly, put all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with some ice.
- Then, shake vigorously and serve in a nice glass.
- Finally, decorate with a mint leaf.
5. Sexy cosmopolitan
This aphrodisiac drink gained popularity due to the television series Sex and the City, as the actress Sarah Jessica Parker ordered it regularly.
In this case, we decided to tweak it a bit by adding watermelon instead of barries to boost its aphrodisiac effects.
- ¼ glass of vodka (50 ml)
- ½ cup of lemon juice (75 ml)
- 1 cup of watermelon juice (150 ml) (preferably natural, since bottled juiced normally contains sugars and other additives that change the taste)
- Firstly, put all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a lot of ice.
- Then, shake vigorously and serve in a glass.
- Finally, decorate with a lemon wedge. Now you have no excuse to slip out of your normal routine.
Discover: 5 Home Remedy Aphrodisiacs and Their Effects
Enjoy them in good company
As you’ve seen, to enjoy these aphrodisiac drinks, you don’t need many ingredients, just a little creativity and the desire to surprise your partner. Dare to take advantage of delicious tropical fruits and give them an exquisite twist to pamper your partner and enjoy an evening full of love and eroticism.
Remember that you can make your own recipes according to you and your partner’s preferences. On the other hand, remember that both of you can make them together to have a more fun and enjoyable time. Set your own rules together!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Cormio L, De Siati M, Lorusso F, Selvaggio O, Mirabella L, Sanguedolce F, Carrieri G. Oral L-citrulline supplementation improves erection hardness in men with mild erectile dysfunction. Urology 2011; 77 (1): 119-122. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2010.08.028. Accessed 01/31, 2019.
- Dissanayake DMAB, Wijesinghe PS, Ratnasooriya WD, Wimalasena S. Effects of zinc supplementation on sexual behavior of male rats. Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences 2009; 2 (2): 57. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2800928/. Accessed 01/31, 2019.
- Fourcroy JL. Female sexual dysfunction. Drugs 2003; 63 (14): 1445-1457. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00003495-200363140-00002. Accessed 01/31, 2019.
- Salgado F. El jengibre (Zingiber officinale). Revista internacional de acupuntura 2011; 5 (4): 167-173. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/S1887-8369(11)70041-2. Accessed 01/31, 2019.