Benefits of Drinking Garlic Tea Every Morning!
Garlic tea. Have you ever tried it? Numerous times in our blog we have talked about the wonderful benefits of consuming garlic on an empty stomach with a glass of water but, this time, we want to offer you a medicinal recipe that has been known since ancient times.
It is a well-known fact that garlic tea was very common in ancient Greece and that it was used, above all, to strengthen the body, to improve one’s general health, and provide people with energy and youth. This can seem over the top to us, no doubt. However, we know the virtues of garlic as a natural antibiotic and as a source of antioxidants, so… Why not try this garlic tea which is both delicious and unique?
The incredible properties of garlic tea
As we may all know, it is not easy to eat a garlic clove in the morning on an empty stomach. However, there is an interesting option that is simple: garlic tea. What are the benefits of garlic tea?
- Garlic tea is an ideal complement to help you gradually lose weight. It’s an excellent cleansing aid that allows our body to dissolve the excess fats. We must also keep in mind that it can help accelerate our metabolism. And so, if we make it a habit to drink it every morning, not only will it help care for our general health, but it will also help our figure.
- It’s also an economic and effective remedy to improve our heart health. It stimulates our circulation, reduces the bad cholesterol or LDL, it dilates the blood vessels and helps avoid arteriosclerosis.
- How many vitamins can you obtain in just one glass of garlic tea a day? Quite a lot! You will receive vitamins A, B1, B2 and C as well as some excellent antioxidants which are perfect to help care for your vision and your skin. Additionally, it further helps prevent premature aging.
- As we already know, garlic is an excellent natural antibiotic. This means that we can help prevent those annoying colds and fortify our immunological system to avoid other illnesses. In fact, it is known that Greek soldiers drank garlic tea after their battles in order to cure infections. Thus, the “miracles” that they attributed to garlic tea in ancient times were not so unusual.
We recommend you read:
How to prepare garlic tea?
Here we want to offer you a recipe for just one glass of garlic tea. Take note of everything you are going to need for this to be really delicious, but without causing certain bad smells:
- One garlic clove
- One glass of water (200 ml or 6.5 ounces)
- A little bit of grated ginger (3 g or 0.1 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (15 ml or 0.5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g or 0.9 ounces)
- It is very easy to prepare. The first thing that you should do is to boil a glass of water. While you wait for it to boil, cut the garlic clove into very small pieces, or mince it. Whichever you prefer. In this way, the benefits of its properties will be best obtained during cooking.
- Once the water begins to boil, you can add the 3 grams (0.1 ounces) of grated ginger and the minced garlic. Let it cook for at least 15 or 20 minutes. After this, simply turn off the heat and let the infusion sit for about 10 more minutes.
- Is it ready now? Great. The next step is easy. Strain the contents and keep the water which was infused during the cooking process. Now you only need to add a tablespoon of natural lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey to sweeten this delicious infusion or tea made from garlic.
- You do not need to worry about there being a bad odor from the garlic. By including the ginger and lemon during cooking, the odor will disappear completely in your mouth, so that you are going to enjoy this wonderful medicinal remedy.
We recommend you read:
When should I drink it?
You can drink this every day in the morning and on an empty stomach, shortly after getting up. You will obtain the same results as eating a natural garlic clove and also benefit from a healthy infusion of ginger and lemon. A simple, healing recipe full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that is wonderful to drink every morning.
An excellent habit for your health that will protect you from many common illnesses. So, let’s take a lesson from the ancient Greeks and start drinking garlic tea every day.