Five Beauty Treatments with Apple Cider Vinegar
Sometimes simple items that everyone has on hand are equally as effective as some of the most expensive products and treatments. Beauty treatments with apple cider vinegar, for example, stand out as both inexpensive and effective. So why not use it for your hair, skin, and nails?
You might like: 12-Century-Old Beauty Tricks that Are Still Used Today
Apple cider vinegar creates much softer skin, alleviates dryness and itching, and helps treat acne. You can create great remedies with a simple and accessible product, whose perhaps only disadvantage is its odor. Nonetheless, it’s worth a try.
The truth is, a lot of cosmetics are made with a natural product base, and apple cider vinegar is possibly the most traditional product of all because it was used by even our ancestors. Therefore, let’s get to know a little bit more about it.
Beauty Treatments with Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Restore Hair Health
- Apple cider vinegar has a lot of vitamins, along with anti-inflammatory and healing properties. All of this makes it the best for restoring hair when it is dry and dull or when dyes have taken away from its beauty. In addition, even using a hair dryer can dry it out and make it straw.
- All you need to do is put one small teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, then apply it to your hair by gently massaging for five minutes. Afterward, rinse with cool water. If you do this simple trick every 15 days, you will notice a difference.
2. Dandruff Remedy
- Apple cider vinegar also possesses anti-fungal properties. What does that mean for our beauty treatments with apple cider vinegar? It helps us treat conditions related to scalp health, like dandruff and flaking of the scalp.
- Simply find a spray bottle, a small bottle that will help you more comfortably distribute the liquid we’re about to make. Mix 200 mL of water with the same amount of apple cider vinegar, and shake well. Once you have washed your hair and it’s nice and moist, spread however much you think is appropriate, on your head. Try to make sure it seeps down to your scalp. Then, all you need to do is wash.
3. Facial care
- Apple cider vinegar is one of the best face cleansers. It balances skin pH and deeply cleanses your skin. It is a natural astringent, and what’s even better, it will make your face glow and look truly young and healthy.
- Take 100 mL of water and the same amount of vinegar. Mix well and let set in a bowl in the fridge to keep cool. Moisten a cotton ball with the tonic and then clean your face. It’s important that you apply this solution after washing your face with cleanser. Afterward, apply moisturizer. Your skin will be healthy, well taken care of, and truly beautiful.
4. Lighten Dark Spots
- This is a very ancient remedy to help soften the look of skin spots. They might not completely disappear but their appearance will be better. In addition, this is especially true for dark spots caused by sun damage that happened recently or over a long period of time.
- You’ll need apple cider vinegar and onion. These two astringent components are great for lightening dark spots. Extract all the juice you can from the onion by mixing it in a blender. Then mix it with half of a glass of apple cider vinegar. Then, using a cotton ball, apply this tonic anywhere you have marks. Let act for twenty minutes, then wash your face well. It is important not to expose yourself to sun during this time. If you do this every day for 15 days, you will slowly notice that the marks look lighter.
You might like: 5 Creams that Reduce Dark Spots on Your Face
5. Alleviate Itching or Muscle Pain
- Sometimes, because of allergies, or nerves, you might experience intolerable itching all over your entire body. Or if you feel very tense and have general muscle pain, it can prevent you from resting. Apple cider vinegar acts as a physical and muscular relaxant.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water and add 240 mL of apple cider vinegar. Afterward, sit in the tub for twenty minutes. You will experience an immediate sedative effect. It’s a simple remedy when, for whatever reason, you feel uneasy or have pain.
Beauty Treatments with Apple Cider Vinegar: Part of a Natural Beauty Routine
These five beauty treatments with apple cider vinegar are a natural way to make your skin and hair soft and shiny. Don’t forget to use these treatments along with other natural treatments.
If you use harsh chemicals on your hair or continue to flat-iron it every day, these beauty treatments with apple cider vinegar won’t have as powerful of an effect.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Budak, N. H., Aykin, E., Seydim, A. C., Greene, A. K., & Guzel-Seydim, Z. B. (2014). Functional Properties of Vinegar. Journal of Food Science. https://doi.org/10.1111/1750-3841.12434
- Penn State University. (2017). Analyzing the Acid in Vinegar. Penn State Journal.
- Johnston, C. S., & Gaas, C. A. (2006). Vinegar: Medicinal Uses and Antiglycemic Effect. MedGenMed. https://doi.org/531649 [pii]
- Gullo, M., & Giudici, P. (2008). Acetic acid bacteria in traditional balsamic vinegar: Phenotypic traits relevant for starter cultures selection. International Journal of Food Microbiology. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2007.11.076