Banana and Beer Blend for Fabulous Hair
If your hair is dull or brittle, give this mask a try. It's super easy to make, and the results can be spectacular.
According to popular belief, the combination of banana and beer can help give you fuller, stronger, healthier, and silkier hair. Do you dare give it a try?
While the banana provides texture, softness, shine, and a pleasant aroma, beer is responsible for nourishing and revitalizing the hair.
Have we persuaded you yet? If so, then you can’t miss out on the following recipe.
This banana and beer blend is a natural recipe that restores softness and shine to damaged hair.
Both ingredients contain essential nutrients that help nourish hair from root to tip, fighting dryness, and hair loss. This, in turn, can help to repair hair that has been damaged by prolonged exposure to the sun, or sudden changes in temperature.
By combining banana and beer, you can create a simple homemade conditioner which can also be used as a hair cream bath. If you add a little extra banana, you can even use it as a hair mask.
The benefits of banana
According to information from experts at the Fundación Española de Nutrición (the Spanish Nutrition Foundation), bananas contain fiber, potassium, vitamin B6 and inulin.
They also contain large quantities of vitamins A, B, C, and E, which are said to revitalize hair and stimulate the regeneration of the follicles and scalp. They also contain a certain amount of calcium, zinc, iron, and potassium, which are related to the reduction of excessive hair loss and dryness.
The regular use of banana promotes your hair’s natural moisture and won’t affect your scalp’s oil production.
The benefits of beer
According to the experts at the Spanish Nutrition Foundation, beer mainly provides carbohydrates (sugars), B vitamins (niacin, folates, vitamin B12) and minerals such as magnesium, potassium and phosphorus, as well as a certain amount of polyphenols and natural phytoestrogens.
These nutrients are believed to strengthen hair follicles and help prevent excessive shedding. What’s more, its high content of B-complex vitamins and antioxidants can help to counteract the damage caused by heat and the sun’s rays.
Its natural sugars are also believed to restore shine and softness, with altering the pH of the scalp.
This combination of banana and beer forms a nourishing anti-hair loss treatment that can revitalize dry, dull and lifeless hair, that doesn’t grow properly.
We recommend reading:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 glass of beer (100 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- 1 or 2 medium bananas (depending on the length of your hair)
- First, place the egg yolk in a bowl and beat vigorously for a couple of minutes.
- Then, mash the banana into a puree and mix in the egg.
- Next, add the beer and honey, and mix well until you get a smooth paste.
- If you prefer a creamier texture, you can process it in a blender or use a hand mixer.
How to apply it
- Wet your hair, separate it into several sections and be sure to apply this mask so that it covers both the roots and the tips of your hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and let it sit for two hours so its compounds have time to work.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this procedure two to three times a week.
From the first week of use, you’ll notice your hair is brighter, softer, and more hydrated. However, its benefits with respect to hair loss won’t start until you’ve used it for a few weeks.