Beer for Your Hair & Skin: 6 Tips and Tricks
Beer is one of the most highly consumed alcoholic beverages in the world. Most people like having it ice cold on a hot day, when it’s the most refreshing. But did you know you can also use beer for your hair and skin?
It’s true that excessive alcohol consumption can be harmful to many of your body’s important organs. But it has also been shown that when you drink it in moderation, beer can provide significant benefits to your health because of its nutritional content.
That’s not to mention the options besides drinking it. Beer also has beauty applications that most people have never heard of. It contains antioxidants, proteins, and vitamins that can really improve the condition of your skin and hair.
It also a great thing to make a regular part of your beauty routine because it has beneficial acids, enzymes, and other compounds that come from the fermentation process.
Want to know how to use beer to improve the appearance of your skin and hair? Don’t miss out on the following six treatments you can make with any kind of beer you have on hand.
Beer for your hair & skin
1. Rejuvenating facial mask
The antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals in beer make it an ideal way to fight the negative effects of free radicals
If that’s not enough to convince you, it also has a refreshing effect, helps your skin stay firm, and prevents the appearance of small wrinkles.
- 1 tablespoon of beer (10 ml)
- 1 egg white
- 3 drops of almond oil
- Stir all the ingredients in a bowl until they’re well mixed.
- Apply the mask evenly on clean skin and allow it to dry for a few minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and apply your regular moisturizer.
2. Rinse with beer for your hair to strengthen and lengthen
Want to stimulate hair growth? Take advantage of the nutrients in this drink at least three times a week.
- 1 beer (the amount depends on how long your hair is)
- Wash your hair as usual, but before the last rinse apply the beer.
- Massage the liquid into your scalp and leave it on for three minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and use your regular conditioner.
3. Natural scrub with beer and strawberries
In addition to improving your skin tone, beer also helps get rid of dead skin cells that can make your skin tone look uneven.
By combining it with strawberries, you get an excellent natural exfoliant to remove any dirt and impurities while stimulating new cell growth.
- 3 ripe strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of beer (5 ml)
- Mash the strawberries and beer until you get a paste.
- Apply this to your face in a gentle, circular massage, and leave it on for 15 minutes.
3. Treatment for oily hair
Oily hair doesn’t just have a dirty appearance, it’s also hard to comb and control.
Read more: Treat Oily Hair with Sea Salt
If you want to balance your scalp’s pH levels and reduce excess oil production, you can take advantage of the acidic compounds in milk and beer.
- 3 tablespoons of milk (30 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of beer (30 ml)
- Make a mixture of equal parts beer and milk.
- Apply the mixture throughout your scalp with a gentle massage.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off and use your regular shampoo.
5. Pampering your feet
When your feet are feeling tired it’s usually because of inflammation and stress in the tissues. If you’re struggling with this, don’t wait, try this recipe.
- 3 tablespoons of organic honey (75 g)
- 1 cup of warm water (250 ml)
- 1/4 cup of milk (62.5 ml)
- 1/4 cup of beer (62.5 ml)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until they’re well blended.
- Apply to the soles of your feet with a light massage, for best results.
We recommend reading: 8 foods to treat inflammation
6. Lighten your hair
This simple trick is perfect for women who have blonde or light-colored hair. You can use it regularly. Beer is a great natural rinse if you want to have radiant, beautiful hair.
- 3 tablespoons of distilled water (30 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of beer (30 ml)
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar (10 ml)
- 7 drops of lemon essential oil
- Mix all of the ingredients in a spray bottle.
- After you wash your hair with your regular shampoo, spray this mixture on your head, including your scalp, and leave it on for a few minutes. For best results, try to do it in the sun.
- Finally, rinse with cold water.
So, do any of these tips on using beer for your hair and skin sound right for you? Go ahead and give them a try!It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
Preedy, V. R. (2008). Beer in health and disease prevention. Beer in Health and Disease Prevention. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-373891-2.X0001-6
Bamforth, C. W. (2009). Beer and health. In Beer. https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-669201-3.00008-7
Kondo, K. (2008). Beer and health: Preventive effects of beer components on lifestyle-related diseases. BioFactors. https://doi.org/10.1002/biof.5520220160