The Five Best Home Remedies to Clean Clogged Arteries
Arterial clogging is a common condition characterized by plaque buildup in the blood vessels that go to the heart or the brain. This is very dangerous because it restricts blood flow and oxygen and nutrients can’t reach body tissues and organs.
This, in turn, can result in even more dangerous conditions. These conditions can include cerebral hemorrhaging, heart attacks, or coronary artery disease. So, arterial clogging is one of the so-called “silent killers”.
The lack of appreciable symptoms or their confusion with other diseases often makes diagnosis difficult. However, once detected, the afflicted person must begin medical treatment.
Smokers and sedentary and obese people are the groups at higher risk of having this condition. However, these diseases are also common among other groups such as those with type 1 and 2 diabetes, arthritis, and certain infections.
The good news is that you can improve your health and prevent serious consequences by adopting a healthy lifestyle and following your doctor’s instructions.
The following remedies can become a part of your diet and complement it. But you should know that they can’t cure diseases or guarantee health on their own.
1. Garlic milk, a traditional drink for clogged arteries
According to popular beliefs, garlic milk facilitates blood flow so it promotes the proper irrigation of tissues and cells. All this because garlic is considered to be a food with medicinal potential, not only due to its allicin content, but also due to the minerals and sulfur compounds it contains.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- 1 glass of of milk (250 ml).
- Slice the garlic and put it in a pot together with the milk. Then, bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Allow it to cool down and drink before going to bed.
Read more: Myths about Cholesterol-Lowering Diets
2. Golden milk
The combination of turmeric, honey, and milk results in a beverage known as “golden milk“ in alternative medicine because it purportedly contains anti-inflammatory substances and antioxidants that help maintain the cardiovascular system.
According to popular beliefs, its consumption prevents clogged arteries and promotes circulation. On the other hand, its organic extracts help lower bad cholesterol levels and prevent arterial hardening.
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric (5 g).
- 1 glass of hot milk (250 ml).
- 2 tablespoons of honey (10 g).
- Add the turmeric to the hot milk.
- Then, sweeten it with the honey.
- Drink with moderation.
3. Cayenne pepper
Cayenne pepper has a substance called capsaicin that helps avoid the oxidation of bad cholesterol in blood vessels, and, therefore, arterial clogging.
It also has antioxidants that fight the negative effects of free radicals. They also promote proper circulation and help prevent heart disease.
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (2 g).
- 1 glass of of hot water (250 ml).
- Bring the water to a boil and add the cayenne pepper.
- Let it cool down for a few minutes and drink it.
4. Ginger for arterial clogging
Ginger root has anti-inflammatory properties that may contribute to cardiovascular health. In addition, it’s believed that it improves blood flow through the veins and prevents cholesterol oxidation.
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger (5 g).
- 1 glass of hot water (250 ml).
- Honey and lime juice (optional)
- Add the grated ginger to the boiling water and let it stand for five minutes.
- Strain and drink it.
Did you know? Discover the 5 Benefits of Ginger Water
You must include flaxseed in a balanced dietalpha-linolenic acid
They’re commonly known as a source of essential fatty acids and people believe they can unclog arteries and keep them from hardening.
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds (20 g).
- 1 glass of water (250 ml).
- Add the flax seeds to the water and let them soak overnight.
- The next day, strain the water and drink it.
Worried about your arterial health?
Are you worried about your cardiovascular health? Do you think your arteries might be clogged? Do you have a family history of cholesterol problems?
Consult your doctor if so, as they can do an evaluation and prescribe subsequent treatment if you require it. They can verify that, in order for you to improve your health, you must lead a healthy lifestyle.
Additionally, you may try the natural remedies we listed above. They’ll be a good complement to your diet, as they’re aimed at reducing risks derived from high levels of cholesterol in your blood.
Don’t forget the basic principles: follow a balanced diet and exercise daily. This won’t only contribute to your arterial health but to your overall health.It might interest you...