Are You Affected by Snoring? Try These Remedies
Due to the medicinal properties found in certain natural remedies, they can be of great help if your snoring prevents you from sleeping.
Even though snoring is not a serious disorder, it’s a significant determining factor when it comes to getting rest and having a good quality of life for many. For this reason, we’d like to share some remedies.
Check out these five homemade remedies and natural products to get rid of snoring with ingredients such as mint, honey, onions, eucalyptus or spices. In doing so, both the person who snores and the person that sleeps next to them can sleep better and wake up full of energy!
Remedies for Snoring
1. Mentha Pulegium (Mint)
Mint is a medicinal plant that’s highly recommended to get rid of snoring, especially the pennyroyal variety. This green leaf is very effective when the cause of snoring is temporary such as a cold or allergy. In such cases, you can resort to this simple, natural and homemade solution.
Mint contains menthol, which has healing properties that are very beneficial for the respiratory system. Also, it’s a stimulant and digestive remedy.
On the other hand, it’s not recommended for people who have heartburn, hiatal hernia or gastric ulcers.
How to Use It
- You cant drink mint tea infusions throughout the day, especially before going to bed. However, it’s recommended to enhance this remedy by gargling it.
- You can use fresh or dried mint or a drop of essential oil in half a glass of water (100 ml).
Read this article, too: Improve Your Health With This Baking Soda Honey Mixture
2. Bee Honey
A simple and natural remedy that doesn’t require any preparation is bee honey. This food is a very powerful antibiotic because it’s rich in vitamins, minerals, trace elements, and enzymes.
It’s essential that you make sure the honey you use is organic. Otherwise, the majority of similar products contain traces of antibiotics and even sugar.
How to Use It
- If you take a spoonful of honey before going to bed, you can clear your airways and stop snoring.
- You can also dissolve it in a glass of hot water or if you’d like, a mint infusion.
Note: Only people who have blood sugar issues should avoid consuming this product.
Onions are one of the best remedies to stop snoring, even if you have this problem every night. This food is an anti-inflammatory and expectorant. Therefore, it’s also useful in case of colds and flu.
You can use onions in three different ways to stop snoring:
- Cut an onion in half and put it on the nightstand next to your bed.
- Make an onion infusion or broth and taking it at night. However, remember that onions are diuretics.
- Make an onion syrup for dinner.
Once you open a raw onion, you shouldn’t store it away and use it for consumption later. This food absorbs toxins from the environment, so you should only use it once.
4. Spiced Tea
A delicious and aromatic tea made from spices is also an effective solution to put an end to snoring. Ginger, cinnamon and turmeric are three excellent ingredients for reducing inflammation of the throat, providing heat to the body and preventing congestion.
Also, these spices help raise your defenses, reduce blood sugar levels, and speed up your metabolism more easily.
- You can drink them on a daily basis teas to improve your rest and strengthen your overall health.
Check out this article, too: Natural Remedies for Detoxifying Your Lungs
5. Inhaling Eucalyptus
Eucalyptus leaves are a natural remedy that are very common for treating respiratory diseases. This herb can help you clear mucus, de-congest your bronchi and lungs, and relax your throat.
It’s recommended to use eucalyptus in two different ways:
- In vapors or sprays: By directly breathing the steam of eucalyptus infusion, you can improve its healing effects on the respiratory tract. This procedure is very suitable for people who suffer from chronic snoring and have a lot of respiratory obstruction.
- In essential oil form: If you dilute this essential oil in a vegetable oil (almond, olive oil, coconut), you can then rub it on your in the chest and throat. By doing so, it will also be effective on the skin as you breathe it during the night.
- In the case of children, you can put a bit of this essential oil on a handkerchief next to their pillow.