Apple Smoothies for a Flat Stomach: 4 Great Recipes!
Apple smoothies are delicious, filling, refreshing, and can even help you to lose weight. Due to their high fiber content, apple smoothies could also help regulate intestinal transit and, in turn, reduce inflammation in the abdominal area. Something that undoubtedly motivates many people to improve their lifestyle habits is the desire to lose weight.
We all have that one variety of apple we like more than any other. Some are really sweet, while others are more sour. The important thing is to choose the variety you like best, and try to eat it on a regular basis, so that you can make the most of its nutritional content. However, it’s good to bear in mind that every variety can bring us some kind of nutritional benefit.
Apples are a very complete fruit. While they can help to regulate intestinal transit, they can also improve health throughout the body, including the heart. They’re low in calories, and can be easily consumed at any point throughout the day (preferably whole, with the skin on).
Preparing natural homemade fruit drinks with ingredients like apple is a great way to get your mornings off to a good start.
Next, we’ll show you 4 apple smoothie recipes you can include in your morning routine. Choose the one you like best, and remember to always consume them as part of a varied and balanced diet.
1. Green apple and flax seed smoothie
This green apple and flaxseed smoothie is perfect for regulating intestinal transit if you haven’t been to the bathroom for a few days, and are feeling a little bloated.
- 1 green apple
- 1 glass of oat milk (250 ml)
- 2 teaspoons of powdered flax seed (10g)
- The first thing to do is wash the green apple thoroughly. The idea is to include the skin in the smoothie too. Once you’ve washed it, cut the apple into 4 and remove the seeds.
- Add to the blender along with the oat milk. Process for a few seconds, until you have a smooth mixture.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of powdered flax seed over the top of your drink.
- Serve and enjoy.
Check out this article: 5 Beverages to Avoid and Their Healthy Alternatives
2. Apple, cinnamon and almond smoothie
Would you like to satiate your appetite with a nutritious, aromatic and anti-inflammatory drink
- 1 apple
- 10 chopped almonds
- 1 cup of oat milk (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon (5 g)
- Wash the fruit.
- Cut into four.
- On a separate cutting board, roughly chop the almonds. You don’t need to crush them up completely.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth.
- If you don’t mind lumps, simply process for a few seconds, stop it to check how it’s doing, then process again if needed.
- Serve in your favorite cup or glass, and sprinkle a fine dusting of cinnamon over the top.
- Consume in moderation.
3. Green apple smoothie with kiwi and coconut water
This green apple smoothie with kiwi and coconut water is perfect for combatting constipation and accompanying abdominal bloating. To make this drink, all you need to do is follow this simple recipe:
- 2 kiwis
- 1 apple
- Ice cubes (to taste)
- 1 cup of coconut water (250 ml)
- First, peel the kiwi
- Cut the apple and remove the core and seeds. Then, cut the rest into cubes.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- To serve, pour the mixture into a glass, and don’t hesitate to add a few ice cubes.
- Finally, if you need to sweeten your smoothie, add a touch of stevia or honey, but never sugar.
See: 8 Benefits of Kiwis That You Should Know About
4. Apple, pineapple, mint and lemon smoothie
This apple, pineapple, mint and lemon smoothie is refreshing and satisfying all at the same time. Remember, the more mint leaves you add, the more refreshing your drink will be.
- Ice (to taste)
- 1 green apple
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 5 leaves of fresh mint
- 2 slices of pineapple
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a glass and put to one side.
- Cut the apple, remove the core, and discard it along with the seeds. Cut the rest of the apple into cubes.
- Place everything in blender and process until you have a homogenous mixture.
- Serve with a couple of ice cubes (if desired) and enjoy.
When to drink apple smoothies
Apple smoothies can be consumed as part of a healthy breakfast, as an energy drink before exercising, or simply as part of a mid-morning or afternoon snack.
The most important thing is to drink these smoothies in moderation and, above all, to avoid adding any additional sugar or sweeteners. In fact, it’s best to drink them plain, using freshly picked, freshly prepared ingredients.
Finally, remember that none of these drinks (or other, similar recipes) can be used as a substitute for a main meal. If you do this, it may be harmful to your health, and could eventually lead to malnutrition.
Remember, natural drinks should only be used as a complement to a healthy lifestyle. They’re not a complete food source that can support and maintain good general health.