6 Habits to Make You into a Happy, Successful Woman
Put perseverance, consistency, and vision together and you get success. This is what will make you happy in your daily life.
It doesn’t take as much as you think to become a happy, successful woman. It’s just about investment in some daily good psychological practices to help you grow as a person.
We should clarify from the beginning that success isn’t found in prestige, being famous or having an extensive social network where you put yourself out there in order to be admired and known.
It’s simpler than that and more basic. Authentic success is in finding personal satisfaction and acquiring a balance between your dreams and achievements.
We’re talking about grabbing a hold of that happiness that makes you feel strong, free and capable of fearlessly facing the future.
Here, we’ll propose 6 strategies you can use to find your own success.
1. Invest in your personal development every day
What do we mean by personal development? We’re sure you’ve heard the term before, or have seen it in a book or article.
However, it’s important to remember something: each person should be very clear on what psychological dimensions are their weak spots.
Personal development is personal, and thus what works for one person may not work for another.
Maybe your Achilles heel is in your inability to make courageous decisions without worrying about what others may think; maybe you are too condescending, or complacent or insecure.
Dive into your weaknesses first in order to know what areas to start working on strengthening.
2. Be realistic with the goals you want to achieve as a successful woman
Nobody can climb a mountain skipping . The climb consists of placing your hands and feet on firm, secure surfaces and being very clear on which mountaintop you want to summit.
When it comes to your goal of achieving success and happiness, it’s the same: you must be smart and very realistic.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are the goals you set for yourself achievable?
- What aptitudes do you have that will help you reach them?
- Are your goals short or long-term?
- What resources, strategies or abilities do you need to reach them?
- Is there anything you’ve done before that relates to these goals and that will give you an idea of how to get there?
- Are you truly motivated?
3. Your own daily action plan to become a successful woman
The action plan that will get you this success must be created by you. It must be yours, with your own plans, detailed goals, and your own hopes invested in it.
- The road you’ve mapped out is made up of short and long term goals.
- Each day you must invest time, energy and emotion into the action plan.
- You have no excuse to neglect it. You must be conscious that everything you start, you should finish.
4. Turn a deaf ear to foolish, harmful and useless opinions
Your happiness is yours. Your success plan is personal, a dream with your name on it that no one should ridicule or put down.
Be open to good ideas, wise advice, good energy and new perspectives that can be useful.
But turn a deaf ear to anyone who tells you, “You can’t do it”, “You don’t deserve it,” or “That ship has sailed.”
5. Persist and resist: to be a successful woman you must break out of your comfort zone
Hard times will come. There will be days of doubt and moments where you’ll ask yourself what you got yourself into.
Those thoughts are tests to pass through, because your mind is very resistant to change and will always whisper, “Stay here where you are, come back into your comfort zone.”
However, remember this: nothing new grows in your comfort zone.
You must resist and persist in order to achieve success and take a hold of happiness.
6. Be thankful for every achievement and every step you take towards being a successful woman
Being grateful for each step you take isn’t narcissistic. It’s acknowledging each achievement, each effort and the results that come out of them.
Being able to recognize achievement is just as important as knowing where you’re going wrong.
That is how you will reach success: being humble, realistic, objective and practicing self-awareness. See yourself as brave and worthy of fighting for your dreams.
Give thanks then for every moment of happiness and every victory without taking your eyes off the goal.
Being happy is a process that requires constant investment, because if you give up, you lose it all. Success is nothing but a combination of perseverance, consistency and a lasting vision.
Principal image courtesy of wikiHow.com