6 Benefits of Drinking Grape Juice Regularly
Did you know that thanks to its antioxidant content, grape juice helps to improve the health of our immune system and benefits brain function?
Grapes are highly valued in gastronomy and traditional medicine. This is not only because they are versatile but also because of their high content of nutrients that offer benefits to the body. And, drinking grape juice is an easy way to consume them.
They mainly stand out as a source a resveratrol and polyphenols, two powerful antioxidants that counteract the impact of oxidative stress, thus reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
They contain bioactive compounds which, together with their vitamins and minerals, have diuretic, cleansing and anti-inflammatory effects.
While grapes can be eaten by themselves or added to desserts, for a while now it has been recommended to turn them into a juice to get the best out of their properties.
This makes it easier to include them in your regular diet and also offers a delicious way of improving several aspects of your health.
Discover 6 good reasons to start drinking grape juice.
1. Reduces cholesterol levels
Thanks to its significant content of natural fibers, water and polyphenols, grape juice promotes the health of the cardiovascular system.
- Its resveratrol contribution prevents the oxidation of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the arteries, thus preventing the formation of plaque.
- This substance minimizes the absorption of fats by the intestine, by decomposing them before they reach the blood stream.
- It helps to protect the liver, an organ which plays a key role in the production and synthesis of cholesterol of the whole body.
See also: 6 Factors that Cause High Cholesterol
2. Helps to detox the blood
Grape juice is a significant source of vitamin C, potassium and polyphenols, all of which are necessary to stimulate the detoxification of the blood.
- Absorbing these nutrients stimulates the functioning of the lymphatic system, which is responsible for filtering and removing toxins and heavy metals.
- It strengthens the functioning of the liver and gallbladder, both of which participate in the digestion of fats and waste.
- It calms irritation of the stomach mucous and helps to recover the natural pH of the blood.
3. Fights urinary infections
Due to its alkaline effects, this natural drink is a great complement for neutralizing the effect of the viruses and bacteria that cause urinary infections.
- Drinking it alters the environment that these microorganisms need to proliferate, which facilitates controlling the infection.
- It contains anti-inflammatory compounds which reestablish the health of the infected tissues, minimizing the symptoms such as pain and burning during urination.
- Thanks to its diuretic properties, it helps to promote the production of urine, thus facilitating the elimination of the germs.
- The resveratrol it contains acts as a natural antibiotic, effectively fighting the adhesion of bacteria.
4. Protects cognitive health
Although it may seem unbelievable, the antioxidant properties of natural grape juice have interesting benefits on cognitive health.
- In studies carried out by the University of Leeds (United Kingdom), it was determined that this drink benefits brain activity, especially for people over 50.
- Its antioxidants improve the health of the nervous system and, thanks to this, optimize conductivity between nerve cells.
- It helps to improve blood circulation, which is key for transporting oxygen and nutrients towards the brain.
- It improves concentration and helps to reduce the loss of memory caused by deterioration due to age.
5. Calms the pain of migraines
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory effect, grape juice is considered to be a natural solution for the headaches caused by migraines.
- Its contributions of vitamin B2, as well as magnesium and amino acids, reduce tension in the muscles and help to maintain a healthy oxygenation process.
- In contrast to red wine, it doesn’t contain alcohol, which helps control this symptom.
- It is recommended to drink grape juice in the mornings as a preventative method against this ailment.
We recommend you read: 5 Natural Migraine Remedies to Soothe Pain
6. Increases your energy levels
Instead of drinking sodas and commercial energy drinks, it’s better to make yourself a glass of natural grape juice.
- Although it is low in calories, its content of natural sugars like glucose and fructose, helps to increase physical and mental performance.
- By improving the circulation, it helps transport oxygen to the cells, which is key to maintaining good energy levels.
Have you not tried it yet? Now you know how good it is for improving your health, try including it in your regular diet.
Do try to make it at home with 100% natural ingredients, because commercial versions contain sugars and chemical additives which reduce its properties.