5 Reasons to Eat Red Grapes
In the following article we will explain 5 good reasons why you should include red grapes in your diet.
Among the many benefits of eating red grapes, an antioxidant known as resveratrol stands out. It helps to prevent premature aging and slows down cellular damage.
Red grapes are synonymous with good health. Although it’s true that white grapes also are beneficial to our well-being, darker grapes possess a greater number of antioxidants.
There are people who don’t differentiate between the flavor of different grapes. But those who do understand the difference, appreciate a nice bunch of red grapes above any other type.
The wonderful crunch when we put the grape in our mouth, skin included, leaves the combination of the sour and the burst of sweet taste in our mouths. It is, without a doubt, one of the best sensations during grape season.
As always, when we talk about nutrition, the key is balance. Eating this fruit just the way it is throughout the day, will prevent aging and promote good health.
In the following article, we will explain 5 good reasons why you should include red grapes in your diet.
1. Red grapes and resveratrol
Red grapes contain as much resveratrol (phytoalexin) in their skin as they do in their seeds. It is commonly known as the “youth molecule.”
- Resveratrol in the grape acts as a protection to our body since it acts as a barrier against external threats.
- Because of the virtue of resveratrol, the pharmaceutical industry has always been interested in it.
- Red grapes help us prevent premature aging thanks to its high concentration of antioxidants.
- The circulatory system benefits from the natural red grape juice.
- We should remember that resveratrol fights inflammation and helps to eliminate pathogens in the blood.
In order to get the maximum benefit from grapes, prepare a natural drink which includes the skin, the pulp, and the seeds. By doing this, you can obtain all of these benefits listed above.
Also discover: 5 Green Juices Recipes for Weight Loss
2. Eat red grapes to reduce hypertension
Potassium, as well as insoluble fiber from red grapes, are both healthy for the heart. In fact, because of the potassium, this fruit is highly recommended for people with high blood pressure.
- If we consume between 15 and 20 grapes, we reduce our sodium level.
- You can try putting red grapes in your salad, which is a delicious idea for both lunch and dinner.
3. Say goodbye to constipation
Red grapes can be very effective in the treatment of constipation. They are known for their fiber and laxative components.
- If eaten at breakfast, they are one of the best natural laxatives.
- Due to the organic acid, the sugar and the cellulose help to tone up the muscles of the stomach and the intestines.
- If we eat them regularly, we will even be able to better deal with chronic constipation.
However, if you suffer from diarrhea it’s best to avoid eating grapes.
4. Alzheimer’s and red grapes
According to a study carried out at Mount Sinai Medical School in New York, resveratrol could help us to slow down the advance of Alzheimer’s disease.
The antioxidant power of the red grapes increases memory and protects us from this disease. Resveratrol reduces the impact of cognitive deterioration which occurs at the beginning of the disease.
It also controls the oxidative metabolism of the disease, to the point of being more effective than green tea. Experts tell us that the consumption of red wine and grapes notably improves brain function.
Also learn: 10 Amazing Benefits of Red Wine You Didn’t Know
5. Prevent cancer by eating red grapes
The results of eating red grapes are interesting when dealing with various diseases such as breast cancer and colorectal cancer. The American Cancer Institute has carried out interesting studies in respect to this.
- It is known that anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins from red grapes slow the growth of tumor cells.
- Polyphenols as much as resveratrol are antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents that slow the cellular damage done by cancer.
- It is also very effective for patients who are currently taking chemotherapy treatments.
- Grape juice is energizing and builds up the immune system. This is helpful in reinforcing treatment.
- Thanks to its anti-inflammatory power, it alleviates side effects associated with chemotherapy.
In conclusion, you should take advantage of red grape season and eat them on a daily basis because of their many health benefits. Although they are not a medicine, they can increase health and well-being.