Five DIY Coffee Masks for Firmer Skin
According to some studies, caffeine may be a good ally in your skin care routine. As with everything, it's always best to use it as a part of a healthy lifestyle, and a balanced diet. Remember, you are what you do.
Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world. People love it and consume it daily in various ways. However, doctors insist on consuming it in moderation as any excess is unhealthy. Let’s analyze if coffee masks can truly firm up the face.
According to some beliefs, coffee could be an ally for the health of your skin. It’s for this reason that some people go beyond drinking it in the morning and take advantage of the brewed grains to make all sorts of cosmetic preparations.
Are coffee masks good for the skin?
A study published in the journal Skin Pharmacology and Physiology indicates that coffee’s main alkaloid compound, caffeine, has certain benefits to skin health.
This is because it helps inhibit fat cells so it’s potentially beneficial for the skin. It’s for this reason that some beauty products add this substance to their formulas.
However, the fact that caffeine contributes to skin health in certain situations within a laboratory doesn’t mean it does so in all cases.
At this point, it’s normal to wonder if you could use caffeine in its most natural form. After all, so many creams, soaps, and lotions contain it. Thus, can coffee masks firm up your face?
Yes, you can make homemade coffee masks but it doesn’t mean you’ll benefit from all of the properties of caffeine. Keep in mind your face won’t become firm after one application. Therefore, you must be constant in order to notice any changes.
Coffee contains antioxidants and could have a positive influence on the health of your skin.
Other tips to care for your skin
Consult a dermatologist and follow their indications in order to properly care for your skin. Additionally, you must maintain a healthy lifestyle because whatever’s going on inside of you will reflect in your appearance.
For instance, your skin will look bad if your diet isn’t well-balanced or if you don’t sleep enough or if you’re not properly hydrated or if you drink alcohol and smoke and … As you can see, you must improve your habits in addition to using coffee masks (or anything else). Cosmetics aren’t going to help you if you don’t tackle the problem at its root.
Five coffee masks for firmer skin
As we said above, there’s no scientific proof that coffee masks can tone the skin on your face. However, some people might still want to include them in their beauty routine to get some extra antioxidants, and due to its oh-so-relaxing aroma.
Take into account your skin type and its needs before you try these coffee masks. This is because not all skins respond the same to every treatment. Coffee can irritate dry skin, for example.
You might want to Make a Scrub for Stretch Marks with Coffee and Coconut Oil
1. Coffee, coconut, and cinnamon face mask
- 1/4 c. of coconut oil
- 1/2 c. of ground coffee
- 1 tsp of powdered cinnamon
- Melt the coconut over low heat, not allowing it to burn or boil
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon
- Apply to your skin after showering, making circular massaging movements on your face and neck, avoiding the eye area
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water or a wet washcloth
2. Coffee, sugar, honey, and olive oil face mask
- 1 c. of ground coffee
- 1 c. of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Mix all of the ingredients together; the mask should be thick enough to apply
- Apply the mask to your face and neck, deeply massaging
- Leave on until it dries, and then rinse with cool or warm water
- Use once a week
3. Face mask with coffee and honey
- 1 tsp of ground coffee
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Combine all the ingredients until you make a paste
- Then, apply to your face and neck, making gentle circular massing motions
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then remove with a damp cloth or cool water
- Dry your skin and close your pores by tapping your face
- Finally, apply your favorite moisturizer
4. Face mask with coffee, oats, and honey
- 1/2 c. of honey
- 1/4 c. of oats
- 1/2 c. of freshly ground coffee
- Firstly, mix all of the ingredients together and keep in a covered glass container
- Then, after washing your face and neck, gently massage the mask into your skin
- Finally, leave on for a few minutes and then rinse with warm water
Discover The Best Masks for Your Face
5. Face mask with coffee, honey, and yogurt
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- A tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- Firstly, mix all of the ingredients together and apply on clean skin
- Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water while gently massaging
- Then, apply your favorite moisturizer
A different complement to your beauty routine
As you read above, coffee masks are easy to make and can be a great complement to your beauty routine. However, keep in mind that their skin benefits aren’t scientifically proven.
So, go ahead and pamper yourself with coffee but keep in mind that a mask (made of coffee or anything else you have at home) won’t reverse the passage of time on your skin.
We encourage you to use masks as an extra to a healthy lifestyle. Also, consider that improving your habits will definitely have an impact on the skin. Eat healthily, rest properly and you’ll see how good your skin looks.