25 Keys to Losing Weight without Suffering
Here are 25 very easy keys to losing weight without suffering – in other words, without sacrificing delicious food or going hungry.
You surely know some of them, but others may surprise you. Eating certain foods, changing the way you eat, or avoiding certain combinations will allow you to lose weight healthily and keep it off for longer.
25 Keys to Losing Weight Without Suffering
- Chew your food well to ease digestion and satisfy yourself faster. This simple practice is one of the most important keys to losing weight.
- Drink water outside of meals to help your body eliminate toxins. If you drink a glass of water before you eat, you’ll also reduce food cravings.
- Eat fiber-rich food: fruit, nuts, vegetables, brown rice, etc. Fiber is very healthy and helps eliminate what your body doesn’t need.
- Avoid white sugar and substitute it with stevia, which doesn’t have any calories. You should always be aware of the foods or drinks that hide large amounts of sugar like pastries or carbonated beverages.
- Drink teas like green or red tea, which help burn fat and prevent fluid retention.
- Avoid salt, which causes fluid retention. Eat it in small quantities, and use spices like garlic, lemon, vinegar, and onion to season food.
- Eating complete breakfasts will help you have energy all day long and not snack between meals. Choose fruit, toast, shakes, nuts, etc.
- Eat light dinners, because whatever you eat after 8pm isn’t burnt as easily, and may also cause liver damage, insomnia, constipation, etc.
- Snack on fruit which is rich in fiber and water, low in calories, and is very satisfying.
- Eat fruit and nuts in small quantities to prevent constipation. Although they’re high in calories, you can eat a handful a day.
- Regularly eat vegetable purees, as they’re very satisfying and healthy. You can even add seaweed to them, which will increase the satisfaction and provide you with a lot of minerals.
- Don’t follow diets that are low in calories or rich in protein because they harm your health and have a ricochet effect in the end. You have to find a balance between fruits and vegetables, grains, legumes, animal protein, etc.
- Eat pineapple and papaya on an empty stomach because both help eliminate fluids and cleanse the body.
- Don’t eat fried or precooked food because they contain large amounts of unhealthy fats. If you have no other alternative, eat them in small quantities. You can also mix them in salads or vegetables and a digestive infusion.
- Don’t abuse any food, especially those that you know don’t make you feel good. You should also avoid the “artichoke diet” and the “pear diet” etc. Every food has its benefits and it’s best to consume them moderately.
- Try to cook your own food and avoid eating out, which tends to be higher in calories and less healthy.
- Don’t eat in front of the television, when you’re talking too much or are worried, as you tend to eat more than you need and it can cause poor digestion.
- Never be full from your meals. Leave a little bit of a hunger feeling that will disappear after a few minutes. This may seem small, but it’s actually one of the top keys to losing weight.
- Don’t eat desserts at every meal. It’s better to eat sweets every once in awhile and outside of meals. You’ll digest them better and taste them more as a result.
- Don’t eat fruit in your dessert, because it makes digestion more difficult. It’s better to eat it at mid morning or mid afternoon. You can eat apples and pears, which are considered neutral.
- Drinking ginseng for a couple of weeks will help activate your metabolism and burn more calories.
- Don’t abuse grains or dairy products as there are many people who don’t digest them well and this causes fat deposits in your body.
- Exercise regularly, at least three times a week. We all know that working out is one of the keys to losing weight. If you’re not a fan of the gym, try to find a sport or activity that you genuinely enjoy. You can also exercise at home.
- Going up the stairs instead of using the elevator is an easy way to exercise every day.
- Don’t give so much importance to food, enjoy it peacefully. It’s important to eat healthy, but if it turns into an obsession it will affect your balance and will be much more difficult to maintain an ideal weight.
We hope these keys to losing weight will help you enjoy your meals and reach your weight loss goals at the same time.
Images courtesy of diekatrin and relaxinmusic