4 Ways to Moisturize Dry Hair
Your hair is an important part of who you are, and it’s very important to take care of it. Fortunately, there are many treatments for taking care of both your hair and your scalp. Of course, there are chemical alternatives, like shampoos and other products. However, you can also choose natural ingredients. In this article, we’ll take a look at some ways to moisturize dry hair.
So, let’s focus on dry hair and how to take care of it.
Many people associate dry hair with a lifeless, dull, and unhealthy appearance, and this isn’t far from the truth. In addition to this, the likelihood of the ends splitting is far higher. It doesn’t make any difference if you wet it; this type of hair’s strands are usually very fragile.
Dehydration is one of the most influential factors in regards to lifeless hair.
See also: The Consequences of Dehydration
Options to moisturize dry hair
There are several ways to moisturize dry hair, and thus improve its texture.
1. Apply conditioner only to the ends of your hair
There are many options relating to the usage of conditioners. Most people apply it all over their hair. However, we recommend that you use it only on the ends of your hair.
The goal is to hydrate this area. This prevents breakages and split ends or other similar problems. Lastly, conditioner should be used with the aim of getting rid of the accumulation of grease in your hair.
Remember to follow the instructions that appear on the bottle, or choose natural alternatives.
Read more: 5 of the Best Natural Conditioners
2. Use olive oil
Natural alternatives are usually healthier for your body. Read on and discover our olive oil based treatment.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Firstly, beat the egg in a bowl
- Once it is well beaten, add the rest of the ingredients and then mix them until you get a smooth mixture.
- Firstly, apply the mixture on your scalp and let it work for 20 to 30 minutes.
- After this, rinse it out with cold water.
- Finally, wash your hair with dry shampoo.
3. Olive oil with lemon
Another great way to moisturize dry hair with olive oil is to mix it with lemon. This way, you can enjoy the benefits of both ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Preparation and application
- Firstly, mix both ingredients until you get a smooth mixture
- Then apply it all over your scalp
- Let it work for 10 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water
4. Avoid using hair dryers or straighteners
This isn’t exactly a way of moisturizing your hair. However, by reducing the frequency that you use hair straighteners and dryers, you will avoid overly drying out your hair.
We recommend this whatever type of hair you have. It is, however, especially important for those who have dry hair.
With respect to hair dryers, it’s much better to let your hair air dry if you can. In addition to this, hair straighteners should only be reserved for important events, and not for regular use.