Want Firm Breasts? Don't Miss These 6 Tips
Breasts are one of the female form’s most attractive features, but unfortunately, they tend to change over time. As the years go on, firm breasts seem to be an inevitable loss. Well, not anymore! Besides the obvious plastic surgery option (please no!), there are a number of natural things you can do to have firmer breasts and fight the years.
Hormonal activity, sudden weight loss or gain, and even breastfeeding can be factors in sagging breasts, stretch marks, and other issues. This, along with the loss of collagen and elasticity that comes with the aging process, is a big obstacle to keeping them firm for a long time. While it’s normal to see some sagging after you turn 40, the loss of firm breasts can sometimes be accelerated by neglecting your muscles and skin.
On average, breasts weight around 300 grams, although there are great variations! Although this basal mass won’t diminish, the overall firmness of the mammary gland can change over the years due to a variety of conditions, from genetic to environmental.
Thus, it’s important to take special precautions and try to apply them every day, from early on. Since many people don’t know what they can do to prevent saggy breasts, we’ll share with you a series of recommendations to help you maintain healthy and firm breasts.
1. Watch your diet
Many people have no idea how good a healthy, balanced diet rich in high-quality nutrients is for your looks. In this particular case, diet is key, since a good diet is essential for muscle and skin health.
Many foods stimulate the production of estrogen in your body, fostering breast growth and firmness, especially in their developing stages. A healthy diet should include:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Nuts (because of their healthy fats)
- White meat
- Fish and shellfish
- Whole grains
2. Ice massages
Ice massages are a firming therapy that’s become popular all over the world for how good it is for your skin and its rejuvenation. Applying it to your breast tissue has a contracting effect that helps improve firmness in a short time. This isn’t a permanent solution, but it will improve circulation and tissue rejuvenation, which could in turn help with sagginess.
How do I do it?
- Take a few ice cubes and gently massage them onto your breasts.
- Repeat for a minute or two, and after drying, immediately put a bra on.
- Do this twice a day for optimal results.
3. Improve your posture
Having good posture doesn’t just show off your figure but also will help you get firmer, more toned, and better-looking breasts. This is because it will strengthen your pectoral muscles, the ones responsible of holding the mammary glands (ie. your breast).
Your body position, both at rest and while moving, has a big impact on the health of your chest, abdomen, and back. Standing straight makes you look taller, reduces your risk of injury, and as if that weren’t enough, helps keep your breasts from excessive sagging.
You might be interested in: Exercises to Burn Fat and Improve Your Posture
Though it’s hard for many people to get out there and exercise every day, physical activity is one of the best ways to keep your breasts toned, firm, and looking great. Exercise tones, firms, and even helps you gain muscle mass to increase their size naturally. It’s also good for your circulation and skin health, which is key to preventing stretch marks and flabbiness.
Ideally, you should do exercises that work your pectoral muscles, back, and arms together. When working towards muscle hypertrophy, focus on your pectoral muscles. A large pectoral muscle will give the illusion of bigger breasts: your overall weight won’t change, but your breasts will appear firm and supple.
Some recommendations are:
- Lifting weights
- Butterfly chest exercise with weights
Also read: Try These Amazing Push-Up Routines
5. Egg white mask for firm breasts
Regularly applying an egg white mask can help with any skin flabbiness in your breast area while improving its elasticity and firmness. There is no scientific research supporting this theory, but many home remedies feature egg whites as a key ingredient to tighten skin and add extra protein to your beauty routine. While science debates whether or not this one works, you can use an egg white mask to firm your breasts: at the very least, you’ll be adding essential nutrients and proteins to your skin. Soft breasts guaranteed!
How do I make it?
- Beat an egg white well, then apply all over your chest.
- Let sit for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water.
5. Increase your water intake
Hydration is vital for both firm breasts as well as the health and strength of all your muscles. Drinking enough water daily is good for your whole body since it keeps your circulation going and ensures proper cellular oxygenation. Drinking 6 to 8 glasses a day will be a big help in keeping your skin firm, cellulite-free, and with no stretch marks.
These are great natural alternatives for fighting sagginess in your breasts. Nevertheless, don’t feel pressured to have firm breasts. Aging is natural, and something we should all be proud of: not many people can say they’re old! A natural look is always the best option, and you should only try to change yourself if you want to, not because it is “expected of you”. Remember, you are beautiful just the way you are!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Casanueva E. Nutrición de la mujer adulta. Nutriología médica; 1995. p. 99-120. Available at: https://docplayer.es/2204695-Nutricion-de-la-mujer-adulta.html. Accessed 12/24, 2018.
- Garrido A, de la Maza C, Pía M, Valladares L. Fitoestrógenos dietarios y sus potenciales beneficios en la salud del adulto humano. Revista médica de Chile 2003; 131 (11): 1321-1328. Available at: https://scielo.conicyt.cl/scielo.php?pid=S0034-98872003001100015&script=sci_arttext&tlng=en. Accessed 12/24, 2018.
- Guillén Fonseca M. Ergonomía y la relación con los factores de riesgo en salud ocupacional. Revista cubana de enfermería 2006; 22 (4). Available at: http://scielo.sld.cu/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0864-03192006000400008. Accessed 12/24, 2018.
- MedlinePlus. Riboflavina. 2018. Available at: https://medlineplus.gov/spanish/druginfo/natural/957.html. Accessed 12/24, 2018.