How to Use Parsley and Lemon to Detox Your Kidneys
Few plants are as cleansing as parsley. We use it to add flavor to lots of recipes, but it also has medicinal properties that are very effective for many ailments. When you combine parsley and lemon juice, what you get is an amazing, natural way to detox your kidneys. In this article, we’ll show you how.
Why we need to detox our kidneys
A kidney cleanse isn’t something to do every once in a while – it’s a practice you should incorporate into your daily life to improve your overall health. You have to remember that the purpose of the kidneys is to purify our blood and remove excess waste from the body.
So what happens if they’re not working properly and too much protein or toxic material build up in your body? Your blood becomes clogged with these toxins and that can lead to cramps, kidney stones, and many other diseases, which you obviously want to prevent. Here are some important tips to follow:
- Drink plenty of fluids, and limit your consumption of dairy products.
- Reduce your intake of processed foods.
- Get your protein from vegetable products instead of meat.
- Reduce the sugar and salt in your meals, and avoid alcohol.
It takes some effort, but doing these things will absolutely make you feel better.
How do you know when it’s time to detox your kidneys?
Here are some important things to keep in mind:
- What color is your urine? Is it dark brown, like coffee or soda? This is a clear indication that there’s a problem with your kidneys.
- High levels of stress.
- Back pain, especially in the lower back, and when radiating to your abdomen.
- Constant thirst.
- A frequent need to urinate, without a feeling of relief afterwards.
- Swollen ankles or even puffiness around the eyes.
- Inexplicable exhaustion.
Remember that these symptoms can be caused by many other diseases or conditions. If you’re experiencing more than two or three of them at the same time it’s probably time to go see your doctor.
How do you use parsley and lemon to cleanse your kidneys?
- Parsley is a powerful antioxidant: it helps regenerate cells and boosts kidney function.
- It’s rich in minerals that help your kidneys stay strong, along with removing toxins and fats from them.
- It contains beta-carotene, chlorophyll, and vitamin C, all ideal for fighting off infections, tumors, and strengthening your immune system.
- Parsley is a great diuretic: it helps your body eliminate fluids naturally.
- It reduces high blood pressure, which also improves kidney health.
Lemon juice is rich in vitamins B and C. These both strengthen and rejuvenate the blood vessels in your kidneys, which are vital in the fight against high blood pressure and for cleansing your body. Lemons are a truly amazing food.
They’re low in sodium but high in potassium, which is ideal for the kidneys. In fact, many doctors even recommend replacing salt with lemon juice. It’s simple, healthy switch!
How do you get the full benefit out of parsley and lemon?
This is really simple – and we have a simple recipe with parsley and lemon juice that your body will absolutely love. It ’s good to make it at least twice a week.
How do you make it?
You’ll need five sprigs of parsley. Start by rinsing them, and then bring a quart of water to boil. Then add the parsley to the boiling water to release its cleansing properties.
This is a classic treatment, and you’ve probably heard of it before. Natural medicine is usually very effective thanks because of all the therapeutic benefits of plant-based food. Let the parsley stand in the boiling water for a couple minutes, squeeze one entire lemon in, and voila, you’re done!
But, you might be wondering, when should you drink it? This recipe makes four cups, so start with a glass in the morning on an empty stomach. Have another after lunch, one in the middle of the afternoon, and one after dinner. This routine will improve your digestion and, of course, detox your kidneys.
You can do this one or two times a week. It might taste a little strong, but remember: this recipe contains a lot of vitamins, so it will give you plenty of energy and help if you have anemia. So why not start today? Your kidneys will be thanking you!