Two Passion Fruit Dessert Recipes
In this article, we share two delicious passion fruit dessert options. Don't miss it and try them out!
Do you want to learn how to prepare a passion fruit dessert? Passion fruit is a tropical fruit that’s widely used in baking or to make smoothies and juices. According to data published by the United States Department of Agriculture, it’s a source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Specifically, this fruit provides significant amounts of fiber, vitamins A and C, iron, and potassium. In addition, it also contains antioxidant substances such as carotenoids and polyphenols. The best part of all is that its delicious acid taste can be used in many recipes. In this case, we propose two delicious dessert recipes. Discover them below!
Passion fruit dessert recipes
First of all, it’s important for you to know that these desserts are high in calories and should be consumed in moderate portions. In fact, due to their sugar content, people who have diabetes or are overweight or obesity should avoid them, according to this study conducted by the Institute of Food Science Research of Madrid, Spain. In case you have any doubts, consult a nutritionist.
Passion fruit dessert with cookies
This passion fruit dessert with cookies can be perfect as a snack or a special occasion. You can even enjoy it after any meal. However, remember to eat small portions so you don’t overdo it with the calories.
- ½ packet of unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup of passion fruit juice (125 ml)
- 1 packet of sugar cookies (250 g)
- A can of condensed milk (200 g)
- 1 can of heavy cream (150 g)
- ¼ cup of whole milk (60 g)
- 1 large passion fruit (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (10 g)
- ½ tablespoon of cornstarch (5 g)
- ½ of a cinnamon stick (2 g)
- Start by placing the juice from the passion fruit, the condensed milk, the heavy cream, and the whole milk in a blender.
- Then, blend until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- After that, hydrate the gelatin with about 60 ml of hot water. Once the gelling agent is ready, add it to the cream and blend again to mix well.
- Next, place some prepared sugar cookies on a baking sheet very close together.
- Pour the passion fruit cream over the cookies so it’s evenly distributed.
- Then, place them in the fridge for an hour. While the mixture cools, make a passion fruit sauce to add to the dessert.
- To do this, cook the remains of the passion fruit pulp with the sugar, water, and cornstarch. Stir to ensure that all ingredients dissolve.
This sauce will help you get the most out of your passion fruit and you can add cinnamon for decoration. To finish the recipe, take the baking tray out of the fridge and serve this dessert with passion fruit sauce on the side.
Visit this article: Bake a Delicious Chocolate Orange Cake
Brownies with passion fruit and banana sorbet
This delicious brownie recipe combines the intense flavor of chocolate with the fresh taste of passion fruit. Although it’s a bit more complicated, it’s perfect for group lunches and dinners.
- ½ a banana (20 g)
- 10 ml of aged rum
- 4 egg yolks (20 g)
- 1 can of heavy cream (145 g)
- 1 cup of sugar (200 g)
- 2 medium eggs (120 g)
- 5 tablespoons of syrup (45 g)
- 1 teaspoon of glucose (5 g)
- A cup of passion fruit pulp (100 g)
- 1 and ¼ tablespoons of butter (125 g)
- ½ cup of almond flour (60 g)
- 1 large dark chocolate bar (110 g)
Preparing the brownies
- First, melt 70 grams of chocolate and the butter.
- Then, in a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with 150 grams of sugar and the almond flour. Add this, little by little, to the melted chocolate mixture.
- Once you get a homogeneous mixture, pour the batter into a baking dish and bake at 200ºF for 15 minutes.
Preparing the sorbet
- While it’s baking, prepare the passion fruit sorbet.
- All you need to do is bring the pulp to a boil along with the syrup and glucose.
- Once the ingredients are well-mixed, remove them and let them cool.
Preparing the banana toffee
- To prepare the banana toffee, heat 25 grams of sugar in a pan until it caramelizes.
- Then, add the banana and flambe with the rum.
- Finally, add 45 grams of heavy cream and mix well before mashing the banana and straining the liquid.
Do you want to know more? A Delicious Recipe for Banana Cake
Preparing the creamy chocolate
- The last component of this passion fruit dessert is the chocolate cream. Start by making an English cream by whisking the egg yolks with the remaining sugar.
- Add the 100 grams of remaining heavy cream and stir it well until you have a mixture with the texture of flan.
- Heat over very low heat until it thickens a little, at which time you’ll add the rest of the dark chocolate.
- Once it melts, remove from heat and let sit for about 12 hours.
Once the three parts of this dessert are ready, place the brownies on the base of a plate with the various toppings on top. This way, you’ll have a yummy dessert with an interesting mix of flavors that will definitely please all your dinner guests!