3 Turmeric Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
In this article, we propose three turmeric remedies for rheumatoid arthritis. This medicinal food has pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties that can relieve the pain that those who have this disease suffer from.
In addition, these natural options could help slow down the progression of rheumatoid arthritis a bit, which can be very fast in the first years. Symptom relief will contribute to physical and emotional improvement, since it’ll have a positive impact on the patient’s quality of life.
3 turmeric remedies for rheumatoid arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic autoimmune disease that has no cure. It affects 1% of the world’s population. Therefore, many people are constantly looking for simple remedies or solutions to help them relieve the symptoms of this condition.
In this case, we’ll focus on turmeric, which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, antioxidant, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, and anti-cancer properties, among others.
Thanks to these healing virtues, this spice can prove helpful in the case of diseases that cause inflammation and pain. Today, you can find it in powders or oils. In fact, you can even find supplements of its active component, curcumin. Here are three turmeric remedies for rheumatoid arthritis that you can make at home!
You should also read: 5 Impressive Anti-Inflammatory Remedies with Turmeric
1. Clay and turmeric for rheumatoid arthritis
Firstly, this is a topical remedy that acts as a painkiller quite quickly. In this case, you add to the effects of turmeric those of clay, which also helps reduce inflammation and, therefore, relieve pain. In addition, it also provides many beneficial minerals through the skin.
- 3 tablespoons of clay powder (90 g)
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder (25 g)
- Firstly, you must remember that you shouldn’t use metal utensils to manipulate clay. Instead, choose those made of wood, plastic, ceramic, or glass, for example.
- For starters, mix the clay well with the turmeric.
- Then add water progressively until you get a smooth paste.
- When it’s firm then you can apply it.
- Apply to clean, dry skin in the area affected by rheumatoid arthritis.
- Leave on for 20 to 30 minutes or until the clay dries.
- Wash the skin to remove the paste and, if desired, apply a moisturizing or pain relief cream.
2. Coconut oil, turmeric, and black pepper
Now we’re going to show you a turmeric remedy for rheumatoid arthritis that you can massage onto your skin as a lotion. The combination of three medicinal ingredients may help relieve inflammation and pain.
According to this study, the piperine in black pepper may increase the bioavailability of curcumin by 2000%. Therefore, it’s a good idea to combine these two ingredients whenever possible. In fact, some supplements already mix turmeric and black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (7 g)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper (7 g)
- Extra virgin coconut oil (20 g)
Preparation and application
- Firstly, mix the three ingredients
- Then, massage onto the inflamed area – if you want, cover the area so you don’t stain your clothes.
You should also read: Three Turmeric Treatments for Your Skin Health
3. Golden milk
Finally, this remedy is a drink that you can use to complement the topical treatment. It’s a very comforting and healthy medicinal vegetable milk that also provides heat.
- 2 cups of coconut, almond, or oatmeal vegetable milk (500 ml)
- Turmeric powder (3 g)
- Ginger powder (3 g)
- Ceylon cinnamon (3 g)
- Black pepper (3 g)
- Honey (to taste)
- Firstly, boil all the ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Then let the drink rest for another 10 minutes.
- You can drink it at any time of the day, although it’s perfect for cold days.
Now you know three turmeric remedies for rheumatoid arthritis. You can alternate or combine them to provide your body all the benefits of this medicinal spice. As studies show, its anti-inflammatory and also pain-relieving effects will help you feel better.