Tofu and Chocolate Mousse, a Healthy Dessert that You'll Love
Tofu and chocolate mousse is an easy-to-prepare healthy dessert that can be included in a special diet for athletes. It’s a nutritionally well-adjusted recipe with excellent organoleptic characteristics, perfect for those with a sweet tooth.
Before we begin, it’s important to note that fermented dairy products and fruits should be the usual desserts in our diet. However, other options can be raised occasionally to achieve greater adherence to the diet through variety. It’s important to follow a diet that’s workable over several weeks.
How to prepare tofu and chocolate mousse
To prepare a perfect tofu and chocolate mousse, you should prioritize the use of quality products. Keep in mind that the sweetener can be replaced by honey, stevia or corn syrup if necessary.
Stevia is one of the best alternatives, as it doesn’t have such a negative impact on the intestinal microbiota. It’s always a better choice than artificial additives.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to prepare your tofu chocolate mousse:
- 100 grams (4 oz) of dark chocolate with 70% cocoa content
- 350 grams (14 oz) of silken tofu at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Do this carefully, as it may burn. It’s important to introduce the food in 30-second intervals at maximum power.
- After the time has elapsed, remove it and stir it with a spoon. Little by little, the texture will vary until it becomes totally liquified.
- Once the chocolate is melted, let it temper a little.
- At the same time, beat the tofu with the syrup until creamy.
- Gradually incorporate the chocolate and mix, always with wrapping movements to avoid losing its airiness.
- When the process is complete, pour it into glasses and put them in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to cool well.
- When it’s time to serve, you can accompany them with freshly cut fruit to improve the antioxidant content. It’s also possible to top them with grated coconut or even nuts.
Another great article: 4 Benefits of Chocolate Therapy
Benefits of chocolate and tofu mousse
The inclusion of chocolate and tofu mousse in the context of a varied and balanced diet can generate a number of health benefits. It’s important, however, to avoid deficits in essential nutrients. Otherwise, the body could stop functioning optimally, progressively experiencing inefficiencies in internal physiological processes.
The first thing to note is the protein content in the dessert. They aren’t of high biological value, but they can help fulfill the daily requirements. These elements have proven to be essential in promoting a good recovery in athletes, thus ensuring that adaptations are carried out efficiently.
On the other hand, cocoa is a good source of antioxidants. These elements also help to reduce muscle damage, so they’ll be necessary to reduce the risk of injury in subsequent events.
They’re also able to neutralize the formation of free radicals and their subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues, thus preventing complex pathologies. This is evidenced by research published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Finally, it should be noted that chocolate is a source of magnesium. This mineral helps to improve the quality of rest, according to a study published in the journal Nutrients. It can work synergistically with other substances such as melatonin. It’s key to cover your daily requirements in order to avoid sleep problems that could affect the body’s recovery.
You may also be interested in: 5 Great and Curious Reasons to Eat Dark Chocolate
Prepare this delicious dessert at home
As you have seen, it’s easy to prepare a tofu and chocolate mousse at home. This dessert is adequate from a nutritional point of view by providing quality substances and also the antioxidants necessary to reduce muscle damage and promote a good recovery after a lot of effort. Because of this, it’s a healthy dessert and even recommended.It might interest you...