The Most Fun and Effective Outdoor Exercises
There are many types of activities that are suitable for outdoor exercises. Today, we’d like to show you some fun and effective ones that you can do in parks, closer to nature. We’re confident that you’ll get better results with outdoor exercises than those you get when you exercise at an indoor gym.
You’re probably already familiar with many of these activities. However, we’ll present a series of variations on them that’ll help you make the exercises more fun and effective.
Fun, Effective Outdoor Exercises
Running is one of the most fun and effective outdoor exercises. Not only does it tone your legs but, it helps you stay in shape and you can enhance it by adding some extra resistance.
The positive thing about running outdoors is that there are multiple options with which to benefit from it. Let’ check out some of them:
- Running in the woods: It’s highly beneficial to your body and mind to exercise outdoors and be in touch with nature. The intake of fresh air and break away from crowded, polluted cities is therapeutic and helps relieve stress.
- Running on the beach: Both running and walking along the beach are therapeutic. However, when you run along it, it’s even better. The sound of the waves, the sea breeze, and the smell all contribute to your enjoyment of this activity.
- Running in the mountains: Mountains offer the possibility of climbing and challenging obstacles which will make running more of a workout.
Discover: Take a Look at the Six Benefits of Walking Every Day
Take Advantage of Parks
Parks are places where you can enjoy some of the most fun and effective exercises. They’re not just spaces for children. After all, adults can also benefit from these great outdoor spaces.
Many parks already have assigned areas just for workouts. In fact, there may even be resistance equipment for crunches, to strengthen your arms or legs, and there may even be back exercise machines.
However, what if there’s no outdoor gym in the park? If that’s the case, then you can use the benches to work on your triceps, do crunches, or as a step to go up and down.
Park possibilities are many and varied. Plus, they have plenty of options to carry out the most fun and effective exercises, like roller blading. The sky is the limit!
Have Fun with Ropes
Of course, there are many other types of outdoor exercises, many of which use simple materials like ropes. For example:
- Jumping rope: This is one of the most fun and effective exercises that we did as children just for the fun of it. However, it’s great for us as adults, too, and also burns tuns of calories!
- Tug of war: This exercise is a fun group activity and can be done at the beach. The weight of the rope, together with other exercises such as push-ups, will increase its intensity.
In open air, you can also do all of the exercises that don’t require equipment. For example, do leg lifts, squats, strides, etc. In addition, make sure to run before and after in order to warm up.
Read this article: Walking Alters Your Brain when You Suffer from Depression
The Benefits of Outdoor Exercises
As you can see, there are many fun and effective exercises that you can do outside. Exercising inside gyms is not only overwhelming from a financial point but also often keeps us away from being in contact with nature, which is imperative to our health.
Additionally, there are many yoga and tai-chi groups that you can join at many parks. Exercising in a group is much more fun and enjoyable!
In conclusion, for all of the reasons listed above, we recommend outdoor exercises. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen and appropriate clothing when you do and make sure to bring plenty of water.