How to Straighten Your Hair without Damaging It
In the daily battle against frizz, you may find it easier to just straighten your hair with a flat iron and call it day. While this may make your hair look good and control it, you should keep in mind that excessive use of heat on your hair can cause a great deal of damage. Continue reading and you will learn about some simple tips to straighten your hair without damaging it.
Tips to Straighten Your Hair
- First and foremost, your hair should be very dry when you start straightening it. Don’t blow dry your hair at maximum heat. It may take a little longer at a medium level, but your hair will appreciate it.
- Besides being a healthy option for your hair, try choosing different styles. This way, you will avoid straightening your hair many days in a row and will give it a break from the heat.
- The temperature is also very important because many times we are in a hurry and we tend to set the temperature higher on our flat irons. This will help straighten your hair faster, but you will notice the damages later. The higher the heat, the more damage we do to our hair.
- Also, be sure that the flat iron that you use is of good quality. Unfortunately, the cheap ones will tend to end up being more expensive in the long run because of the long-term damage to your hair.
- Before starting to straighten it, you should completely detangle your hair. If you don’t do this, and your hair has knots, it can stretch your hair out and burn it while straightening it.
- Separate your hair with the help of clamps in small locks so that it is straight all over.
Maintaining your hair
- At least once a month, remember to do a repairing treatment for your hair. This will depend on your hair type: oily, dry, or mixed as well as if you use heat on your hair constantly.
Try these remedies at home: Simple Natural Remedies for Damaged Hair
- When your ends are very dry, it’s best to cut them. As a result, your hair will be able to continue growing in a much healthier way. Dry ends don’t allow your hair to be healthy. Plus, they give it a poor appearance.
- It’s also important to use a product that protects your hair from the heat before straightening it. After applying it, let sit for a little bit. Then, dry it well. After doing this, you can start straightening it.
- Another important piece of information: if you dye your hair most of the time, you should take even more strict care of your hair. Because it is chemically treated, this type of hair is more susceptible to damage.
Other helpful hints
Besides the tips we mentioned beforehand, it is good to know that your diet also determines your hair’s health. A deficient diet, plus using too much heat, will be a highly damaging combination for your hair.
Water is also essential to keep your hair healthy. Always remember to drink the necessary daily amount of water.
Don’t love the taste of water? Try it with a flavor: 8 Awesome Health Benefits of Coconut Water
Below, is a list of the necessary nutrients for your hair to look radiant and strong, and what foods you can find them in:
- Iron: spinach, watercress, chicken, fish, pork, etc
- Omega 3: sardines, tuna, walnuts, spinach, strawberries
- Zinc: fish, meat, eggs, cheese
- Selenium: garlic, onions, plums, melons, grapes
- Vitamin A: liver, eggs, carrots, almonds
- Vitamin B: dairy products, fruits, fish, red meat, eggs
- Vitamin C: guava, kiwi, red pepper, papaya, oranges, spinach
- Folic acid: garbanzo beans, liver, lentils, avocado, tomatoes, bananas
If your hair is very dry, dull, and brittle, under a doctor’s recommendation, you can include supplements that contain the necessary nutrients. As a result, you can show off your hair in its best state.It might interest you...