Benefits of Walnuts for Your Stomach
Generally, we associate the consumption of nuts with the improvement of mental performance or with taking care of cardiovascular health. Even so, walnuts also benefit your stomach. Keep reading to find out more about the benefits of walnuts!
These nuts are rich in proteins of high nutritional value, antioxidants, carbohydrates, omega-3, vitamin E, and multiple vitamins. Regular consumption of walnuts helps with digestion since they contain fiber.
The consumption of walnuts helps to prevent or relieve heartburn. It also helps to relax and reduce inflammation of the sphincter. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg…
Stomach Benefits of Eating Walnuts
Many research studies have revealed the benefits that walnuts have for cardiovascular health. In fact, experts recommend that you eat a handful of walnuts every day.
Because it’s proven that walnuts contain the greatest amount of antioxidants than any other kind of tree nut.
The omega-3 present in walnuts is very good for your body. This compound benefits your health in various aspects. It helps optimize blood circulation, raise serotonin levels in the brain and make you feel full. This means that you don’t need to eat as much to feel full.
In addition to the omega-3 benefits, one study reveals that walnuts help burn fat, especially in the abdominal area. Because of this, walnuts are proven to be an ideal component in your diet plans. Even so, it’s recommended that you eat them in moderation.
A salad with tree nuts is an excellent nutritional option; however, it’s not the only option that exists. Try others!
The consumption of nuts can be as versatile as you want it to be. While some people enjoy a fistful of natural walnuts, others prefer them mixed with fruits or vegetables.
You can also enjoy them in numerous dishes that are rich in protein. One example of this is chicken with walnuts.
Want to find out more? Read: Try This Lactose and Gluten-Free Bread Made of Oats, Walnuts, and Bananas.
Data Regarding Eating Walnuts
- Eating walnuts stimulates concentration and improves mental performance and creativity. Therefore, eating walnuts during childhood is an excellent choice.
- Also, it’s recommended that those that have workdays of more than 6 hours eat walnuts between meals.
- Daily consumption of walnuts increases the levels of serotonin in the brain. This hormone is connected to happiness and pleasure. People that suffer from depression have lower levels of serotonin. Thus, eating walnuts helps to fight depression.
- The consumption of walnuts helps you to feel full. This means it takes less food to fill you up. This way, it’s easier to burn calories.
- The omega-3 present in walnuts stimulates blood circulation. Therefore, this compound is capable of preventing cardiovascular disease.
- In the appearance aspect, eating walnuts results favorably to prevent the appearance of varicose veins (that usually show up in your legs).
- The consumption of walnuts is recommended for people with diabetes. This is due to the fact that walnuts help regulate the levels of sugar in the bloodstream.
- According to experts, walnuts contain anti-carcinogenic properties. Therefore, eating them can help prevent and fight breast and prostate cancer.
- Walnuts also help male fertility. It’s a food that’s is highly recommended to face these types of problems.
The walnut is the most powerful of all the tree nuts. Their nutritional components make a unique and powerful contribution to your diet. Visit this article: 10 Incredible Properties of Nuts.
Including Walnuts in Your Diet
For those that want to lose weight, walnuts are idea to include in your diet in moderation. On the other hand, those that want to maintain a healthy weight can also include walnuts in their snacks.
It’s isn’t necessary to eat an entire bag of walnuts every day. It’s enough to eat only a handful. Between 10 and 30 grams is the ideal amount. Remember that too much can actually be harmful.
Yes, walnuts can help us to burn calories, but we can’t forget that they contain a high level of fatty acids. Because of this, you should eat smaller amounts of walnuts if you would like to lose weight.
To carry out a healthy diet, if you have any doubts or questions, the best option is to consult a nutritionist to evaluate what would be the best nutritional plan for your metabolism and body composition.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Ros, E. (2010). Health benefits of nut consumption. Nutrients. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu2070652
- Sabaté, J., & Ang, Y. (2009). Nuts and health outcomes: New epidemiologic evidence. In American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.2009.26736Q
- Blomhoff, R., Carlsen, M. H., Andersen, L. F., & Jacobs, D. R. (2006). Health benefits of nuts: Potential role of antioxidants. British Journal of Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1017/BJN20061864
- Lamuel-Raventos, R. M., & Onge, M. P. S. (2017). Prebiotic nut compounds and human microbiota. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2015.1096763