Spanish Omelet with Spinach, Chia Seeds, and Spirulina
Breakfast is very important for maintaining your energy throughout the day. That’s also why combining the benefits of spinach, chia seeds, and spirulina in one tasty, easy-to-prepare omelet is a perfect way to start out the day.
After all, who wouldn’t want to start their day off with this easy, healthy, and well-balanced breakfast?
The Importance of Breakfast
Breakfast is not only the first meal of the day; it’s also the most important. After not eating all night long, the body needs nutrients in order to start the day off well. Therefore, breakfast helps us confront the many physical and mental obstacles that we face daily.
Moreover, if you need to wait several hours before your next meal time, breakfast is necessary to hold off hunger until then. People who eat a good breakfast tend to snack less during the morning and tend to have less problems with being overweight.
So, are you ready to learn all about the benefits of a healthy and delicious spinach, chia seed, and spirulina omelet?
Omelet Ingredients: Spinach
This vegetable is well-known around the world for its various benefits. Among its many properties, spinach can help treat the symptoms of ulcers, protect against illnesses like Alzheimer’s, improve eyesight, and regulate blood pressure.
Spinach can also help strengthen bones and improve cardiovascular health, among other things.
Omelet Ingredients: Chia Seeds
The many benefits of chia seeds include:
- Decreasing hunger, which is why they’re the ideal ingredient for weight loss.
- Helping to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Helping maintain electrolyte balance and keep the body hydrated.
Discover: Five Chia Seed Recipes You’ll Love
Omelet Ingredients: Spirulina
This supplement is made from certain types of blue algae. It’s rich in polysaccharides and antioxidants. It also has amino acids like alanine and pantothenic acid that strengthen the immune system.
Moreover, thanks to its high concentration of antioxidants (vitamin E, beta-carotene, phycocyanine, etc.), spirulina can help protect against some of the harmful effects of certain cancer treatments.
Plus, it has even more benefits, like the fact that it is a complex carbohydrate that helps regulate glucose levels. It also helps regulate blood cholesterol due to its gamma-linolenic acid and niacin.
Additionally, thanks to its high concentration of antioxidants, spirulina helps combat arthritis, and the minerals found in spirulina help prevent osteoporosis.
Read more: How Spirulina Can Help You Lose Weight
Spinach, Chia Seed, and Spirulina Omelet Recipe
- 130 grams (1 cup) of flour
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 200 grams (7 ounces) of spinach
- 190 milliliters (4/5 of a cup) of milk
- 1 tablespoon of spirulina
- Olive oil
- 50 ml (1/5 of a cup) of water
- First, wash and dry the spinach well.
- Then, dissolve the chia seeds in the water.
- Next, sieve the flour and then add all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir well until the ingredients are mixed well and without any lumps.
- Finally, in a pan with a little bit of olive oil, add the mixture like you would a normal omelet and cook until it’s golden.
That’s it! Start your morning off right and enjoy your healthy and balanced spinach, chia seed, and spirulina omelet!It might interest you...