Water with Lemon Juice Before Bed – An Incredible Sleep Aid
Since it promotes digestion, lemon juice is a great ally if you want to sleep better. And when you combine this liquid with honey, its effects are amplified!
In this article we’ll show you how drinking water with lemon juice before bed will help you sleep well every night.
Most of us want to get a good night’s rest. For this reason, we often resort to sleeping pills and other pharmaceutic products.
If you suffer from chronic insomnia, the first thing you should do is consult a specialist. Nevertheless, to improve the quality of our sleep and prevent insomnia associated with stress, life habits, or a poor diet, we recommend that you drink water with lemon juice before bed.
On past occasions, we’ve talked about the benefits of having a glass of lukewarm water with lemon early in the morning. Drinking this beverage on an empty stomach is very good for your health. But if your problem is that you can’t seem to get a deep and restful sleep, don’t hesitate to drink it at the end of the day!
After a week, your body will begin to experience changes that will help you sleep better. Read on to find out how this miraculous remedy works!
A Glass of Warm Water with Lemon Juice Before Bed to Keep Insomnia at Bay
Many people will be a bit skeptical about this remedy. They may feel that their stomach is more sensitive at night, and, since lemon juice is acidic, it’s a bad idea to drink it then.
They’d rather consume beverages that are sweet, pleasant, and more relaxing. But believe it or not, warm water with lemon juice can be an invaluable ally against insomnia. We’ll tell you why below.
You’ll Be Able to Sleep Better If Your Body Isn’t “Poisoned”
We know that the thought of your body being “poisoned” may scare you. But we use this term here figuratively, to define a series of processes that happen within all of us.
- Our body renews many of its tissues almost daily. There are cells that die, such as red blood cells. In turn, waste substances are created that need to be eliminated.
- But our body often can’t metabolize a good part of the components that make up the food we eat. Furthermore, many of these products are even harmful to our health.
- Ideally, waste should be expelled as soon as possible, but this can’t happen unless organs like the kidneys or the liver work properly.
- And we can’t forget how myriad harmful substances enter our body because of pollution, and not only through air or smoke.
- Many of the foods we eat carry pesticides, which are toxic and can make us sick if they accumulate in our body.
All these factors will prevent us from being able to rest properly. This is because our liver and lymphatic system are required to perform additional work.
As a result, we feel heavier, bloated, moody, and can’t enjoy a deep sleep. However, we can avoid this by having a glass of water with lemon juice before bed.
Lemon Juice Promotes Natural Detox
Warm water mixed with lemon juice optimizes liver function, cleanses the blood of harmful substances, and takes care of the lymphatic system.
- We won’t notice immediate results the first time we take this remedy, but we’ll start experiencing its benefits after six or seven days.
- Nor can we forget that lemon juice helps digestion. The nutrients in this drink will be absorbed much better, and we’ll get to bed without feeling bloated or uncomfortable – in other words, more relaxed!
But don’t forget, it’s quite possible that you may need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. This is because lemon’s a good diuretic.
An Ideal Alkaline Remedy to Help You Rest
Here’s a curious if amazing fact: despite its acidic taste, lemon juice becomes a powerful alkaline agent when it enters our body.
It helps to purify our blood, takes care of the liver, increases our white blood cell count, and optimizes the function of the pancreas.
Water with lemon juice is a very powerful remedy. In fact, if we make a habit out of drinking it every night, we may fall asleep more easily and enjoy quality rest.
It’s definitely worth trying it out for a month!
You might like:
How to Prepare This Water and Lemon Juice Remedy
- 1 cup of water
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- As you can see, the amount of lemon juice that we’re going to include in this beverage is not very high. Its effects are even greater when combined with a little honey!
- Start off by heating the cup of water. It must be warm but not boiling.
- Add the teaspoon of honey while the water is on the stove.
- As soon as the mixture reaches the right temperature, pour it in your favorite mug.
- Then add lemon juice.
You should ideally drink water with lemon juice before bed, or about two hours after having dinner. Consuming it every night, you may start to sleep well again before you know it!