Most people want to sleep better. To do this, we don’t hesitate to use drugs or a thousand and one artificial remedies to help us sleep.
If you suffer from chronic insomnia, the best thing to do to is certainly to consult a good specialist.
On the other hand, to improve the quality of our sleep and prevent insomnia associated with stress, our life habits or a poor diet, we recommend the following: drink water with lemon before going to sleep.
We know that in our articles we often talk to you mention the benefits of starting the day with a glass of lukewarm water with lemon.
Drinking it on an empty stomach is very good for your health. However, you should drink a cup of water with lemon juice just before you go to bed if you want to get a deep and restful sleep.
After a week, your body will begin to experience changes which will help you sleep better. We explain how this almost miraculous remedy works below.
Sleep better thanks to a glass of water with lemon
Many people may be a bit skeptical of this remedy.
At the end of the day and just before going to sleep, we may feel that our stomach is more sensitive and that therefore, we shouldn’t drink lemon before going to bed given that it’s acidic.
We’d rather consume things that are sweeter, more pleasant and relaxing. However, and surprisingly, this combination of warm water and lemon is good for our body.
We’ll tell you why below.
If your body is “poisoned” you will be able to sleep better
We know that the term “poisoned body” may worry us a little. It’s a term used to define a series of very concrete processes that happen in our body:
- Our body renews many tissues almost every day. There are cells that die, such as red blood cells. In turn, waste substances are created which need to be eliminated.
- Our body often can’t metabolize much of the components that make up the food we eat (many of them are even harmful to our health).
- The ideal is to expel them as soon as possible, but doing so will depend on the proper function of organs such as the liver or kidneys.
- We also can’t forget that environmental pollution enters our body and not only through air or smoke.
- Many of the foods we eat carry pesticides, which are toxic and can make us sick if they accumulate in our body.
All these factors will prevent us from being able to rest properly. This is because our liver or lymphatic system are required to perform an extra task.
All this will make us feel heavier, bloated, moody and unable to get a deep sleep. However, we will avoid this by taking this lemon juice remedy.
Lemon juice streamlines detoxification processes
Warm water combined with lemon juice optimizes liver function, cleanses harmful substances from our blood and takes care of our lymphatic system.
- We won’t notice immediate results on the first day of taking this remedy, but our body will perceive the benefits after six or seven days.
- Nor can we forget that lemon juice helps digestion. The nutrients in this drink will be absorbed much better and we’ll get to bed without feeling bloated or uncomfortable and hence more relaxed.
However (and this fact must be taken into account), it’s quite possible that you may need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. This is because lemon’s a good diuretic.
An ideal alkaline remedy to help you rest
This fact is curious but exceptional: despite the acidic taste of lemon, it becomes a powerful alkaline agent when it reaches our body.
It helps to purify our blood, take care of the liver, increase the number of white blood cells in the body and optimize the function of the pancreas.
Furthermore, this remedy is very powerful. In fact, if we get used to taking it every night, we’ll fall asleep in the perfect conditions and have a higher quality rest.
It’s worth trying it out for a month.
How to prepare this remedy to sleep better
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice (50 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- As you can see, the amount of lemon juice that we’re going to add is not very high. In addition, its effects are even greater when combined with a little honey.
- Start off by heating the cup of water. It must be warm and not boiling.
- Add the teaspoon of honey while the water is on the stove.
- When the mixture reaches the right temperature pour it in your favorite mug.
- Then can add your lemon juice.
You should ideally drink this remedy two hours after having dinner and before going to bed. If you drink this mixture every night you will see that you start to sleep better!