5 of the Biggest Signs of Intuitive Intelligence
Intuitive intelligence is in style. It’s far from that rational mindset we use to logically analyze the world, the one we measure with IQ tests. Now we’ve realized that there are multiple kinds of intelligence. Everyone excels in one or more dimensions. It’s about knowing where your strong points are, so, start by learning the signs of intuitive intelligence.
Writers like Howard Gardner talk a lot about the importance of human intuition. Instead of seeing it from a strictly scientific point of view, we now recognize it as a truly valuable ability.
People who listen to their intuition can connect with their true selves, including past experiences, emotions, and the “sixth sense” that helps you reach creative solutions.
So, we’re going to tell you about five signs of intuitive intelligence, things you might be doing in your daily life, things that go against a rational, logical approach.
5 signs of intuitive intelligence
1. Intuitive intelligence means listening to and understanding emotions
Albert Einstein used to say that our greatest skill is intuition. These thoughts that come from the unconscious to the consciousness are like a gift from your brain. But this isn’t any old gift.
- These thoughts are a reflection of a person who knows how to connect their emotional world to their life experiences and sixth sense.
Emotions are absolutely a key part of this. Understanding what makes you worried, what blocks you, what makes you angry, or what makes you sad gives you clear, true knowledge about yourself.
- It’s hard for someone who doesn’t know themself to come up with creative ideas and make decisions based on their needs.
You might like:
True intuition comes from self-confidence. You can only truly use intuitive intelligence in your daily life once you have a balanced sense of yourself and what you feel.
2. You trust your hunches
First of all, we want to be clear: a hunch isn’t magic, a premonition, or a spiritual voice giving you advice.
- A hunch is the voice of your unconscious. It’s a quick answer in a specific moment when you have to react fast.
- When you get this feeling, it’s nothing more than that unconscious world becoming conscious to help you.
Here’s an example to explain this better:
- You don’t know someone very well, but you get a hunch that you should avoid starting a friendship or any kind of relationship. Why do you feel this way? Should you follow this hunch?
When these sensations come to your mind, it’s your intuition sending you a message based on your past experiences, personality, emotions, and perceptions.
It’s like you’ve opened up your “trunk” of experience to find an answer.
3. You’re observant and don’t let other people’s judgment influence you
Some people don’t trust their intuitive intelligence and think that you shouldn’t let these thoughts and feelings influence you.
But Robin M. Hogarth, a decision-making expert and the author of Educating Intuition, says this:
- Intuitive people are very observant.
- They have a critical vision of things and are not easily swayed.
- When making a decision, they trust their intuition and any feelings or stimuli that might give them clarity.
But after listening to their intuition, they always make a conscientious, logical decision. Intuition is a great starting point, but it can’t be the end too.
4. You enjoy moments alone
This is another one of the clear signs of intuitive intelligence. Being alone satisfies your need to connect with yourself. It’s the only time you can analyze your thoughts and understand your emotions.
People with intuitive intelligence are in frequent contact with their inner world, through meditation or deep reflection.
Being alone gives you those moments, which you can enjoy for yourself, at the same time as you build a stronger connection to the world.
5. You’ve learned to “see the signs”
By signs, we mean something very specific.
You know when it’s the best time to do something. You can tell when you’re being lied to, when you need to act, and when you need put an end to a relationship or any other responsibility right away.
- Following these signs means you’re attentive and sensitive to your surroundings.
- It means you’ve learned from your experiences and have gained wisdom and trust in yourself.
- Following these signs means taking a brave step towards change and a new phase in life, one where you can achieve greater happiness.
7 Signs of an Unhappy Relationship
Most people don’t fully develop this “sixth sense” until they’re about 40 or 50 years old, if they ever do. By that time, you have enough experience and self-confidence to make positive changes towards happiness.
Any human being can learn intution, it’s a trainable skill. So, why not start putting yours to use?
If you want to learn more, we would recommend these books:
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking. Malcolm Gladwell (2005).
- Educating Intuition. Robin M. Hogarth (2002).