Restorative Smoothie with Beets, Carrots, and Apples
This restorative smoothie with beets, carrots, and apples has an amazing nutritional value and a lot of vitamins. That’s why we want to take the time to tell you all about its many nutrients and vitamins, as well as the best way to make this fantastic drink.
Make it at home for yourself and your loved ones. It tastes amazing and will help keep you healthy! This smoothie is a wonderful breakfast drink, as it offers special nutrients that will improve your performance. It’s also easy on the stomach and aids digestion.
Did you know? The Amazing Health Benefits of Carrots
Nutrients in this restorative beet, carrot, and apple smoothie
Here we’ll list a few of the key nutrients found in this smoothie:
- Carbohydrates: The three ingredients in this smoothie (beet, apple, and carrot), contain a moderate amount of sugars, which are an important energy source. Make the most of this energy source by drinking it in the morning hours.
- Vitamin A: Carrots are extremely rich in vitamin A. As we all know, this nutrient protects our eyesight and stimulates the immune system.
- Vitamin B6: Beets contain a considerable amount of vitamin B6, an important nutrient in the metabolism of amino acids and in neurotransmitter synthesis.
- Vitamin B9: This nutrient, also known as folic acid, is found abundantly in beets. It’s also found in carrots to a lesser extent. Folic acid may help prevent depression. It may also boost fertility, both in men and women.
- Vitamin C: There’s a lot of vitamin C in carrots, apples, and beets. Vitamin C, when consumed regularly, is a powerful antioxidant and may reduce your chances of suffering from coronary heart disease and cancer.
- Fiber: Fiber is found in each one of these ingredients. It aids the digestive process.
How to make this restorative smoothie
- 1 cup of water
- 1 medium beet
- A medium apple
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 ice cubes
Read on: 5 Beet Recipes to Improve Your Health
- Wash the carrot, beet, and apple well.
- Cut them into small enough pieces so they blend easily.
- Add all the ingredients in the blender and blend until you get a homogeneous paste.
Now you know how to make this wonderful restorative smoothie. Be prepared to take in all its fantastic nutrients today!
Photo courtesy of Luxomedia.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Bjarnadottir, A. (2019, May 3). Carrots 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits. Healthline. Disponible en: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/foods/carrots
- Cardero, Y., Sarmiento, R. y Selva, A. (2009). Importancia del consumo de hierro y vitamina C para la prevención de anemia ferropénica. Medisan, 13(6), 1-14. Disponible en: https://www.redalyc.org/articulo.oa?id=368448456013
- Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades. (2022). Conceptos básicos sobre el ácido fólico. Disponible en: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/spanish/folicacid/about.html
- Coyle D. (2021, November 11). 9 Impressive Health Benefits of Beets. Healthline. Disponible en: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/benefits-of-beets
- Escudero, E. y González, P. (2006). La fibra dietética. Nutrición hospitalaria, 21, 61-72. Disponible en: https://scielo.isciii.es/pdf/nh/v21s2/original6.pdf
- Gheith, I. & El-Mahmoudy, A. (2018). Laboratory evidence for the hematopoietic potential of Beta vulgaris leaf and stalk extract in a phenylhydrazine model of anemia. Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, 51 (11), 1-11. Disponible en: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6190212/
- Mayo Clinic. (2020, 13 de noviembre). Vitamina A. Disponible en: https://www.mayoclinic.org/es-es/drugs-supplements-vitamin-a/art-20365945
- Mayo Clinic. (2021, November 4). Dietary fiber, essential for a healthy diet. Disponible en: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/fiber/art-20043983
- Mayo Clinic. (2021, Febrero 23). El folato (ácido fólico). Disponible en: https://www.mayoclinic.org/es-es/drugs-supplements-folate/art-20364625
- Medline Plus. (s.f.). Vitamina B6. Disponible en: https://medlineplus.gov/spanish/ency/article/002402.htm
- Medline Plus. (s.f.). Vitamina C. Disponible en: https://medlineplus.gov/spanish/ency/article/002404.htm
- Nieto, K. N. y Calvo, J. (2001). Ácido fólico y depresión. revista colombiana de psiquiatrÍa, 30(1), 39-49. Disponible en: http://www.scielo.org.co/scielo.php?pid=S0034-74502001000100004&script=sci_arttext
- Brazier, Y. & Veazey, K. (2022, August 30). What to know about apples. MedicalNewsToday. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/267290.php