How to Remove Red Moles
If you have red moles, don’t worry. Fortunately, they have no health risks. However, many people want to remove red moles for aesthetic reasons.
In this article, we’ll talk about some natural remedies to remove red moles, as well as explain what they are, why they appear, the medical treatments that exists to remove red moles, and some general tips to care for and protect your skin.
What Do Red Moles Look Like?
Red moles, also known as nevus, have a circular shape, are red, and tend to be no bigger than two millimeters in diameter. They tend to mainly appear on the thorax area, neck, and arms.
Why Do They Appear?
In most cases, red moles appear with the passing of time and can be seen in elderly people more and more frequently. It is also true that they are more common in people with very fair skin.
The main causes for their apparition are dilation of the small blood vessels in the skin and overexposure to the sun.
How to Remove Red Moles
If they are small, you don’t to need to remove red moles and can instead conceal them with concealers or makeup. However, there are various medical treatments that allow you to remove them. In this case, you should consult your doctor or dermatologist so that they can tell you which would work best for you.
Medical procedures to remove red moles include:
- Surgery: This mainly applies to big and deep moles. It is done with a skin incision: the mole is extracted and then the area is stitched. It can be painful and tends to leave a scar.
- Laser therapy: This method is fast and painless and has barely any side effects.
- Cyrotherapy: This option uses a nitrogenous liquid to freeze the mole and then extract it in the same way as warts are removed. The problem is that it is often pricey.
In any case, some people prefer to first try some natural remedies. This way, they avoid the discomforts of medical treatment and their high prices.
The following are some natural remedies to remove red moles.
Natural Remedies to Remove Red Moles
To do this, you will need castor oil, a cotton ball, and surgical tape.
- Soak the cotton ball in the oil and apply it to the mole, securing it with the help of surgical tape.
- Change the cotton ball everyday with a new one.
- Do this for seven days in a row.
Garlic has very powerful properties as you may already know because of its ability to remove warts. It works in a similar way in this case.
- Apply a piece of fresh garlic every day to the mole and keep it in place with surgical tape.
- Change it twice a day: once in the morning and once before you go to bed.
You might be interested in:
You can also do this treatment by eating raw garlic or taking garlic oil capsules.
This is a slow treatment that requires patience. However, it is effective and you will see how it disappears.
- Blend the juice from a sour apple and apply it to the mole at least three times a day for three weeks.
Caring for Your Skin
In order to prevent new moles from appearing, you will need to take care of your skin, especially if it’s sensitive or very fair.
- Always protect your skin from solar radiation, especially in the summer and during the highest radiation hours, between 12 and 4 pm. Always wear sunscreen, but prevent exposure or cover your skin during midday.
- Do natural peels once a week with proper products for your skin type. Keep in mind the sensitivity of every zone of your body.
- Hydrate and nourish your skin frequently with natural hydrating creams.
- Wear natural fabrics like linen or cotton and avoid synthetic fabrics.
- Eat a balanced diet. Eat fruit, raw vegetables, and healthy fats everyday. These will nourish your skin deeply and give it vitality from the inside.
- Shower with cold water whenever possible, or at least end your shower with cold water to improve your body’s circulation in general. Very hot water weakens you, dries out skin, and takes away from its firmness.