Red Rice as a Cleanser
Whole grain rice is a little known but highly nutritious food, due to its color and because it maintains the skin that covers its grain which is full of nutrients and fiber.
In this article we’ll explain how you can use red rice as a base for your cleansing diet to lose weight as well as lower your cholesterol and triglyceride levels, all without becoming hungry.
Benefits of red rice
Let’s discuss some of the best properties of this grain, since it will become the basis of your cleansing diet.
- Rich in fiber.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Acts as an antioxidant.
- Contains vitamin B6, minerals suc has iron, magnesium and zinc.
- Reduces levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
Advantages of this cleansing diet
- You shouldn’t maintain this diet for longer than three days, as this is a kickstarter for a healthier day to day cleanse.
- Red rice will help you feel full, meaning you’ll eat less during the day. If you feel like snacking on something, it’s not because you are hungry but rather because of impulse-control issues.
- Your body and stomach will lose its swelling and bloating as well as make digestion easier.
- You’ll lose weight but should follow up with healthy diets to keep it off.
- Fights constipation without the need for supplements and laxatives, thanks to the amount of fiber present in the grain.
- Helps eliminate toxins through urination, sweat and defecation.
- Helps the body eliminate mucus which can lead to chronic sinusitis.
- You’ll note the alleviation of chronic pains and illnesses.
What do you need?
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- Whole grain rice, preferably organic.
- Gomasio (toasted sesame seeds mixed with sea salt).
- Apples (optionals or for those cases of gastric hyper acidity).
Over a three day period, consume this mix. Although there are people who have maintained this diet for longer periods, you should be aware of illnesses that may have adverse effects. Talk to your doctor before you begin this diet.
Every day, eat 250 grams of rice mixed with gomasio in four large meals a day.
To be effective you must chew each mouthful around 80 times until the food is almost liquid. This is a key part of this diet which you should be rigorous in completing.
The days before and after this diet you should consume preferably vegetables, fruits, legumes and rice.
How to prepare the red rice
- Rinse the rice before cooking.
- Red rice needs to boil longer than white rice because it’s tougher. Cook around 40 minutes in two parts water for each part rice.
- Don’t add oil, salt or any other type of condiment other than gomasio.
How do you prepare the gomasio?
Gomasio is a traditional Asian food that has many beneficial properties. Loaded with vitamin and minerals, especially calcium, it’s the perfect addition to this diet.
- A source of energy and is nutritious.
- Facilitates digestion.
- Has diuretic properties.
- Is an alkaline.
- Stimulates the metabolism.
You can buy it already prepared and cook at home or prepare it in your own kitchen by:
- In a pan, toast 20 tablespoons of sesame seeds raw, ensuring they don’t burn. Add to the pan a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Grind down in a grinder.
- Store in a glass bottle with a secure top. Salt will act as a natural preservative as well.
Images courts of Elana’s party and herbolario Allium.