Cleansing Diet with Red Rice
In this article we’ll explain how you can make a cleansing diet with red rice. Discover how this grain can help you naturally lose weight as well as lower your cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Whole grain rice is a little-known yet highly nutritious food. It maintains the skin that covers its grain which is full of nutrients and fiber.
Benefits of red rice
Here are some of the best properties of this grain, which will become the basis of this cleansing diet:
- Rich in fiber.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Acts as an antioxidant.
- Contains vitamin B6, minerals such as iron, magnesium and zinc.
- Reduces levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
Advantages of this cleansing diet with red rice
- You shouldn’t maintain this cleansing diet with red rice for longer than three days, as this is a kickstarter for a healthier day-to-day cleanse.
- Red rice will help you feel full, meaning you’ll eat less during the day. If you feel like snacking on something, it’s not because you’re hungry but rather because of impulse-control issues.
- Your body and stomach will lose its swelling and bloating as well as make digestion easier.
- You’ll lose weight but should follow up with a healthy diet to keep it off.
- Fights constipation without the need for supplements and laxatives, thanks to the amount of fiber present in the grain.
- Helps eliminate toxins through urination, sweat and defecation.
- Helps the body eliminate mucus which can lead to chronic sinusitis.
- You’ll notice the alleviation of chronic pains and illnesses.
What do you need?
For this cleansing diet with red rice, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Whole grain rice, preferably organic.
- Gomasio (toasted sesame seeds mixed with sea salt).
- Apples (optional for cases of gastric hyper acidity).
Consume this mix over a three-day period. Although there are people who have maintained this diet for longer periods, you should be aware of any possible adverse effects.
Make sure to talk to your doctor before you begin this cleansing diet with red rice.
Every day, eat 250 grams of rice mixed with gomasio in four large meals a day.
To be effective, you must chew each mouthful around 80 times until the food is almost liquid. This is a key part of this diet which you should be rigorous in completing.
If you suffer from gastric hyperacidity or must eat foods raw, you can add three apples per day, organic and with their skin, making sure to fully chew as well.
The days before and after this diet you should consume preferably vegetables, fruits, legumes and rice.
How to prepare the red rice
- Rinse the rice before cooking.
- Red rice needs to boil longer than white rice because it’s tougher. Cook around 40 minutes in two parts water for each part rice.
- Don’t add oil, salt or any other type of condiment other than gomasio.
How do you prepare the gomasio?
Gomasio is a traditional Asian food that has many beneficial properties. Loaded with vitamin and minerals, especially calcium, it’s the perfect addition to this diet.
- A source of energy and nutrition.
- Facilitates digestion.
- Has diuretic properties.
- Is an alkaline.
- Stimulates the metabolism.
You can buy it already prepared and cook at home or prepare it in your own kitchen in the following way:
- In a pan, toast 20 tablespoons of sesame seeds raw, ensuring they don’t burn. Add to the pan a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Grind down in a grinder.
- Store in a glass bottle with a secure top. Salt will act as a natural preservative as well.
Images courts of Elana’s party and herbolario Allium.It might interest you...