Recipe for Vegan Creme Caramel, Ideal for the Whole Family
Preparing a vegan creme caramel is very simple. You only need a few ingredients to enjoy one of the tastiest desserts around. In addition, sugar can be replaced by sweetener, to reduce the calories and the dessert’s impact on the metabolism.
How to prepare a vegan creme caramel?
Before starting, it’s necessary to emphasize that fermented dairy products and fruits should be the most common desserts. If you’re going to replace sugar with a sweetener, remember to prioritize stevia.
Vegetable drinks are very important, but make sure they don’t contain added sugars. To do this, you’ll need to check the labeling and the list of ingredients. Next, we will tell you how to make this preparation.
If you want to prepare an exquisite vegan flan, you’ll need the following products:
- 1/2 liter soy beverage
- 4 tablespoons of chickpea flour
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon agar agar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable margarine
- Vanilla essence
- Lemon peel
- Powdered cinnamon
- Put the sugar in a bowl with the cornstarch and stir well afterwards.
- Then, combine the chickpea flour with the water and mix with the mixture from step 1 until a smooth result is obtained. It should thicken progressively. A little foam may come out, but this is normal.
- At the same time, place the soy milk in a saucepan with the vanilla essence, cinnamon, and lemon peel. Heat until it comes to a boil and let it infuse.
- Once it starts to boil, add the previous mixture and stir continuously to prevent it from burning or sticking. You’ll need to cook it for about 5 minutes.
- When you remove the pot from the heat, add the margarine and continue to mix everything well so that the ingredients are well combined.
- It’s time to prepare the caramel. To do this, place the sugar in a saucepan with a little water and heat until it turns a brown color and a semi-thick texture.
- Place the caramel in one or several containers and soak all the edges well.
- On top, add the creme caramel mixture you have prepared and put it in the refrigerator for about two hours.
- After this time, it can be taken out of the mold and enjoyed.
You may also be interested in: Pineapple Carpaccio with Ice Cream: A Delicious Recipe
Considerations about vegan creme caramel
This vegan creme caramel is a recipe that isn’t very suitable for people who have diabetes or a metabolic illness. In these cases, it’s advisable to limit the consumption of simple sugars as much as possible, according to a study published in Advances in Nutrition.
It should also be noted that the fats often used in the preparation of vegan recipes are not of high quality. Margarines, for example, are nothing more than fatty acids that have undergone an industrial hydrogenation process to acquire a solid state.
Another great recipe: Cashew Cream: Properties, Preparation and Uses
Prepare vegan creme caramel at home
As you’ve seen, it’s easy to prepare vegan creme caramel at home. You only need a few ingredients and time to achieve an exquisite result in terms of flavor. Of course, it must be included in the context of a balanced and varied diet, and in a timely manner. In this way, it can be enjoyed to the maximum without producing health problems over the years.
Finally, remember that vegan diets are often deficient in protein. To avoid this drawback, you should combine several different foods with a high content of these nutrients. In this way, the limitations in terms of digestibility and deficiency of essential amino acids can be overcome.It might interest you...