Your eyelids are much more sensitive than other areas of your face. They tend to sag and display early signs of aging because of their direct exposure to the sun and toxins.
Although this condition can also be due to genetic factors, it often reflects a nutritional deficiency due to lack of care.
While some surgical procedures can correct this problem, especially for more extreme cases, there are less aggressive options that can be used at home.
Among these is a homemade all-natural cream that improves skin elasticity and firmness due to its ingredients.
Find out all the benefits and how to prepare the treatment at home with a few simple steps.
All-natural homemade eyelid firming cream
The ingredients in this homemade cream give your eyelids the important nutrients they need to become firm and toned, without being too harsh or causing unwanted effects.
- Regular application supports the production of collagen and elastin, two substances that preserve smooth skin, leaving it flawless.
- Its anti-inflammatory and refreshing properties are designed to reduce swelling and tiredness that usually affects this area of the face.
- Has a high concentration of antioxidants, minimizing the negative effects of free radicals. It prevents the loss of elasticity and the appearance of premature wrinkles.
- Contains vitamins C and E, both necessary to stimulate circulation and promote cell regeneration.
- It also has essential fatty acids, which help to conserve the natural moisture of the skin to avoid discomfort from dryness.
- To top it off, its essential nutrients create a protective barrier against the effects of the sun’s UVA rays and prevent the weakening of this delicate skin.
How to prepare a firming eyelid cream
You should purchase fresh and 100% organic ingredients to prepare this homemade cream.
Organic ingredients have a stronger nutrient concentration and haven’t been exposed to pesticides or other harmful chemicals.
- This cream is made with aloe vera gel, an ingredient rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, that stimulates the regeneration and toning of the skin.
- It has oats and natural yogurt, which act as exfoliating and softening agents and eliminate dead cells and impurities found in this area.
- Due to its high water content, cucumber is also added in order to tone, especially if the skin tends to sag.
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons of oat flakes (20 g)
- 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt (72 g)
- 5 slices of cucumber, peeled
- Cut an aloe vera leaf with a knife and carefully extract the gel contained in it. Make sure to get at least 4 tablespoons of this.
- Mix the aloe gel with the oats, natural yogurt and cucumber and pour into a blender.
- Blend the ingredients until the cream is smooth and has no lumps.
How to apply
- Remove makeup from your eyelids and the surrounding area. Wash the skin with water and soap before applying the cream.
- Rub a small amount onto the eyelid. Be careful not to drop itt into the eye.
- Cover well. You can also apply it to the area around the eyes.
- Let sit for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Store the left over cream in the refrigerator and repeat nightly.
So, ready to try it? If you notice your eyelids a sagging, or you’re worried about losing firmness in this area, prepare this natural cream and include it in your beauty routine.
As with all treatments, keep in mind that you might not see its effects immediately. Although the skin feels softer and more toned after the first application, it’s necessary to use the treatment regularly.
Use at least 3 times a week to see its full benefits.