How to Make Your Own Homemade Astringents
One of the best homemade astringents that exists for people with oily skin is sunflower oil. It helps to reduce oil while refreshing your face.
Have you ever tried making your own homemade astringents?
Astringents have the capacity to renew and give vigor to our skin, as well as to reduce pores and oil. Therefore, if you wish to have a really beautiful and radiant face, try the following homemade astringents.
Easy Recipes for Homemade Astringents
The first of these recipes for homemade astringents is easy to make and just requires a few ingredients.
The ingredients necessary are:
- ¼ cup of juice from apples
- 2 tablespoons of vodka (30 ml or 1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons of witch hazel
Note: If you don’t want to use vodka, add two tablespoons more of witch hazel.
Mix well and apply with a cotton swab to your face.
You might like:
- Make an infusion with sage and a handful of leaves with a cup of boiling water (remember that a cup is about 240 ml or 8 ounces).
- Let it cool while covered.
- Strain and soak a cotton swab in it.
- Then, use to make small circular movements on your skin.
- Do not remove it until completely absorbed.
Lemons have many beneficial properties to help remove skin imperfections and at the same time close your pores.
- You just have to mix the juice from half a lemon with a little water.
- Apply with a cotton swab.
- Afterwards, wash with cold water.
This is an excellent recipe for men to use after shaving, because it disinfects and protects the skin.
However, it’s not advisable to use this trick during the day or expose the skin to the sun afterward, because lemon has the tendency to stain the skin if exposed to sunlight. It’s better to do this treatment at night or on a day that you don’t plan to leave the house.
Raspberry tea has many advantages that no woman should miss out on.
- You can buy it in tea bags or even prepare it from a concoction of a few raspberry leaves and fruits.
- Let it cool, covered, then strain and soak a cotton swab in it.
- Lightly rub it over your face until it’s completely absorbed.
The ingredients for this recipe are:
- 1/8 cup (30 ml or 1 oz) of apple cider vinegar
- One aspirin pill
- Hot water.
- Mix it all well and afterward soak a cotton swab and wet your face with it.
- Allow it to dry.
Just like the peach astringent, papaya is a natural exfoliant and at the same time, helps renew the skin. Honey is antiseptic and a great moisturizer; and the rose water slows down skin aging.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- A slice of papaya
- A tablespoon of rose water (15 ml or ½ oz)
- A tablespoon of real honey (25 g or 1 oz)
- Mash the papaya until it has a texture similar to a purée and mix it with the other ingredients.
- Keep it in the refrigerator and allow it to cool well.
- Later, apply it with two fingers, twice a day (morning and night) and allow it to work no more than five minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
The ingredients you will need in this case are:
- Four lemons
- Two oranges
- A cucumber
- Two apples
- Four tablespoons of white alcohol (64 ml, or 2.2 oz)
- Four tablespoons (60 ml, or 2 oz) of rose water.
- Extract the juice from the citrus fruits, peel the cucumber and the apples.
- Mix all the fruits in the blender and add the alcohol and rose water.
- When it becomes a well-mixed cream, pour it into a sterilized glass bottle.
- Place it in the refrigerator for two hours.
- After this time, shake it and apply it to the skin, letting it sit for 15 minutes.
- Afterward, wash with warm water.
Sunflower Oil Astringent
This recipe is recommended for people with oily skin. It’s perfect to use after a deep cleansing. This will help to refresh the face and remove oils.
- Half a glass of water (125 ml, or 4.2 oz)
- A half glass of white vinegar and a tablespoon (15 ml, or ½ oz) of sunflower oil
- Boil the water and add the vinegar along with the oil.
- Shake well so that it all mixes well.
The final of these great homemade astringents can be made with tomatoes.
Here’s what you need to do”
- Place 150 grams (5.3 oz) of mature, peeled tomatoes in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, along with 30 grams (1 oz) of glycerin.
- Apply this to your face as if it were a mask.
Now that you have some prepared, you can keep it in the refrigerator. It’s a great idea to invite over some of your friends for a spa day!