Pasta with Feta Cheese: Recipe by TikTok
TikTok’s pasta with feta cheese recipe has gone viral in recent times. And it’s easy to see why – this dish is delicious and easy to make!
As the name suggests, pasta with feta cheese is made with any kind of pasta. You then mix it with a cheese sauce and baked cherry tomatoes.
The funny thing is that it was first shared by a Finnish blogger in 2019, and took 2 years to reach the whole world. It was quite high profile, but when it appeared on TikTok it went viral.
How to prepare TikTok’s recipe for pasta with feta cheese
Fortunately, TikTok’s recipe for pasta with feta cheese is prepared with ingredients that are commonly used in the kitchen. However, different elements can be added to enhance its flavor. Thus, basil leaves, mint leaves, parsley leaves or green vegetables such as arugula or spinach are excellent options. Dare to prepare it at home and add your own touch!
Another great recipe: How to Make a Delicious and Easy Tuna Pasta
With the following amounts, you can make feta cheese pasta for 4 people. It doesn’t take long to make and in 40 minutes you can it ready. The elements you’ll need for this dish are the following:
- 200 grams (8 oz) of feta cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 500 grams (20 oz) of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Oregano to taste
- Before starting to make the dish, set the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 F). This way it will be at the right temperature for cooking when you’re ready.
- Next, place the olive oil in a flat dish.
- Then open the feta cheese wrapper, drain the liquid it contains and place it in the center of the dish.
- Separately, wash the tomatoes and cut off the inedible parts. You can cut some in half for decoration. Place them around the cheese.
- Next, peel and slice the garlic.
- Add them to the dish, drizzle with a dash of oil, and season with pepper. Add salt only to the tomatoes, as the cheese is salty enough.
- Place it in the oven at the specified temperature for 15 minutes. Then turn it up to 250 degrees Celsius (480 F). Bake for 10 more minutes. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
- After this time, remove the dish and set it aside.
- While you’re waiting, cook the pasta and let them cook until they’re al dente. This will take about 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, place it in a colander and drain the water. Reserve some of the cooking water.
- Then add the pasta to the sauce and stir it so it takes the flavor of the sauce. You can also add the water you saved if you think it’s necessary.
What to combine this dish with
Like all pasta meals, this dish is filling. You can prepare it as a main dish and you don’t need to add other ingredients.
However, some people prefer to add meat to reinforce the recipe. Some ways to make it more impressive is with the following:
- Pieces of smoked red meat
- Ham slices
- Grilled chicken
Read more here: Can I Eat Pasta and Rice at Night?
What does this dish provide?
Feta or Greek cheese is a variety of fresh cheese that’s made from sheep and goat milk. This dairy product is marketed in brine, so it has a high sodium content.
As for its nutritional contribution, 100 grams (4 oz) of it gives us the following:
- 15 grams (0.6 oz) of protein
- 11 grams (0.5 oz) of lipids
- 186 milligrams of calcium
- 4 grams of carbohydrates
As you know, pasta is composed of carbohydrates. In 100 grams (4 oz) of cooked wheat pasta we have the following:
- 0.9 grams of fat
- 5.7 grams of protein
- 7 milligrams of calcium
- 30.7 grams carbohydrate
- 1.8 grams of dietary fiber
This dish is easy to make and is nutritious. In addition, you can adapt the recipe to your own style and add the elements you want to reinforce its flavor.It might interest you...