Onion and Honey Remedy to Reduce the Risk of Hair Loss
Excessive hair loss and difficulty growing hair are some of the most common aesthetic problems people face.
While it’s been proven that it’s normal to lose between 50 and 100 strands of hair each day, some people lose more hair than that. Everything indicates that this is mostly due to nutritional deficiencies and continuous stress that weaken and thin your hair over time.
Restoring your hair’s vitality and volume isn’t easy. Luckily, there are many alternative treatments whose ingredients provide beneficial nutrients.
An example is this onion and honey remedy that fights hair loss and makes your hair healthy due to its properties.
Try it out today!
Why use this onion and honey treatment for hair loss?Natural onion juice is one of the best products for avoiding hair thinning and excessive hair loss. This is due to its high sulfur contents. Sulfur is an essential mineral that stimulates circulation in the scalp and hair follicles, promoting healthy growth.
In fact, this nutrient is considered one of the main bases of the capillary system, as it’s needed to maintain collagen and keratin in good shape. It can also control problems like dandruff and scalp infections due to its antiseptic and antifungal properties.
As an antioxidant-rich vegetable, its regular use helps prevent premature greying and thinning associated with old age.
It’s proven that its use helps regenerate the scalp and capillary fibers, reversing damage caused by free radicals and toxins.
Combined with the benefits of organic honey, you have a complete treatment to fight dry and weakened hair and increase shine.
See also: 4 Simple Tips to Rejuvenate Your Hair
How to prepare the onion and honey hair treatment
We recommend using 100% pure honey to get excellent results from this treatment, as refined products don’t have the same nutrients. Optionally, you can add a vitamin E capsule, especially if you’re also suffering from scalp problems.
- 2 onions
- 4 tablespoons of pure honey (100 g)
- 1 vitamin E capsule (optional)
- 1 airtight glass jar
- Peel and slice the onions and place them in the blender.
- Blend for a few seconds.
- Then, add the honey.
- If you like, add the vitamin E capsule.
- Close tightly and let sit in a dark place for 48 hours.
- After that, strain the treatment.
How to apply
- Separate your hair into locks. Then, massage the treatment onto your scalp.
- Make sure you cover your entire scalp, especially the thinning parts.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave on for 2 hours.
- Then, wash with your normal shampoo.
- Your hair may smell a lot like onion, but the smell will go away as the hair dries.
- Repeat this treatment at least three times a week, although it’s best to do it every day.
- Keep in mind that you won’t see results right away, so you should keep using the treatment for several months.
We also recommend reading: Simple Natural Remedies for Damaged Hair
Advice for better results
To complement the use of this home remedy, it’s important to improve your dietary habits and drink more water. Incorporate more sources of protein, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals in your diet.
At the same time, read the labels of your normal hair products closely and make sure that their chemical compounds aren’t harmful to your hair. While you may not pay much attention to it, this hair loss problem could be caused by using products that aren’t appropriate for your hair.
Are you fighting hair loss? Prepare this natural remedy and discover for yourself how great it is!