Nine Remedies for Brittle Nails You Need to Know
In addition to external care, it's also essential to improve your diet to strengthen your brittle nails from the inside out.
Several factors can weaken your nails. Poor diet, lack of nutrients, finger infections, the use of irritating products, and diseases are among the most common causes of brittle nails.
If your nails break easily or are peeling, you need to know that something is up. White spots or color changes are also signs of problems.
It’s important to review your diet and the chemicals that come into contact with your hands. The continued use of nail polish can also be harmful. Don’t forget that your nails should rest from time to time.
These remedies for brittle nails will help you overcome the problem:
Remedies for Brittle Nails
1. Coconut oil
The saturated fat coconut oil contains moisturizes the nails and reduces the risk of infections.
- You can apply it warm on your nails and massage for five minutes to moisturize and improve circulation in the area. It’s recommended to do this two to three times a day.
- Another option is to add a few drops of lemon juice to a ¼ cup of warm coconut oil. Before bed, soak your nails in this mixture for 10 minutes and cover them with gloves overnight so that it takes effect.
2. Vitamin E oil
Vitamin E capsules contain an oil that you should apply directly to your nails to get results quickly.
- Massage your nails with this oil every day for five minutes to moisturize and strengthen them. You should do this for two weeks. This way, you’ll improve circulation in the area.
3. Castor oil
Its high vitamin E content promotes the strengthening and shininess of nails.
- Simply massage one drop on each nail. You’ll see the difference in no time!
4. Consume foods for stronger nails
It’s important to consume foods rich in vitamins A and B because they promote the production of keratin.
Carrots, tomatoes, strawberries, peppers, and pumpkins can help strengthen your nails. You should also eat meat, fish, poultry, wheat germ, legumes, nuts, potatoes, spinach, and eggplant.
5. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains iron, calcium, vitamins, potassium, and magnesium. It also contains acetic acid and malic acid, which help reduce the risk of infection.
- Soaking your nails in a mixture of equal parts apple cider vinegar and water will make them stronger.
- You can do this once a day for five minutes.
- After soaking them, gently push back the cuticles and dry them well.
The beta-Carotene and vitamins B and C cucumber contains help strengthen nails.
- All you have to do is blend half a cucumber with a cup of water (250 ml) and soak your nails in the resulting mixture for a few minutes.
Discover: 9 Benefits of Cucumber Juice
The substances that onion gives off is a fungicide and bactericide. To reap its benefits and protect your nails from infection and breaking, cut the onion and place your fingers inside these cuts for five minutes.
Garlic is rich in minerals such as calcium, sulfur, zinc, copper, potassium, phosphoric acid, and vitamins A, B, and C. You can enjoy all these properties by just putting a little bit of crushed garlic inside a bottle of clear nail polish.
Beer is an excellent remedy for brittle nails.
- Mix half a cup of beer (125 ml) with a quarter cup of olive oil (62 ml) and another of apple cider vinegar to repair your brittle nails.
- You’ll start seeing the difference if you soak your nails in this mixture for 15 minutes once or twice a week.
Tips to Avoid Brittle Nails
In addition to these remedies, there are several tips to help you avoid brittle nails. The main thing is to moisturize and polish them before applying a special base coat for weak or peeling nails. It’s also equally important to use high-quality nail polishes.
You should also massage some moisturizing cream onto your nails and cuticles three times a week. Then, cover them with cotton gloves and leave them on overnight.
Read this article: 8 Tips and Tricks for Healthier and Stronger Nails
Replacing brittle nails with gel nails isn’t a good option. It’s always better to nourish your nails as they grow.
These eight remedies for brittle nails will help keep your nails beautiful and attractive. It’s just a matter of dedicating some time to take care of this important body part.