Natural Remedies for Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body has insulin resistance or doesn't produce enough insulin. In this article, we'll share some natural remedies that support your treatment.
Diabetes is a chronic disease that develops due to the excessive accumulation of glucose in the bloodstream. The most common form is type 2 diabetes, which occurs when the body fails to use insulin optimally. Do you know any natural remedies for type 2 diabetes?
Although you need to go to the doctor to establish a complete plan to treat this condition, to complement your treatment plan you can prepare some natural treatments as well. These are herbal remedies and supplements whose properties promote the regulation of blood sugar levels. Be sure to try them!
Natural remedies for type 2 diabetes
Diabetes is a disease that has no cure and whose complications can significantly reduce quality of life. However, most patients can lead a normal lifestyle when they control the disease with medications and diet changes.
A doctor will be in charge of evaluating your blood glucose level and the best ways to reduce it. However, in addition, you can make some remedies for type 2 diabetes. In the following article, we’ll share several options.
You should read: Type Two Diabetes: Nutrients to Avoid and Include in Your Diet
Aloe vera juice
You can use the gel in aloe vera leaves as a supplement to control type 2 diabetes. Due to the phytosterols it contains, aloe acts as a natural antiglycemic. Therefore, drinking it regularly promotes control of high blood sugar levels.
- 2 tablespoons of Aloe vera gel (40 g)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (15 m)
- 1/2 cup of water (100 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (15 g)
- First, add all the ingredients to the blender.
- Then, blend for a few minutes until you get a homogeneous drink.
- Finally, drink the juice on an empty stomach or mid-morning, at least 3 times a week.
Natural remedies for type 2 diabetes: Oatmeal water
Oatmeal water is one of the natural remedies for type 2 diabetes that has become very popular. Oatmeal has been shown to have beneficial effects on high glucose control and lipid profiles in patients with diabetes. These properties are largely attributed to its significant fiber content.
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal (60 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- First, pour the oatmeal into the blender with a cup of water and blend.
- Then, add the rest of the water in a saucepan and add the oatmeal mixture.
- Next, bring to a boil over low heat, 2 or 3 minutes.
- After that, remove the drink from the heat and add a cinnamon stick.
- Finally, let it sit and then strain the drink.
- Drink 2 or 3 glasses a day, every day
Prickly pear smoothie
Due to its content of dietary fiber and antioxidants, prickly pear is one of the best natural remedies for type 2 diabetes. These properties promote the metabolism of sugar and reduce its accumulation in the blood. We suggest you make it in a smoothie with other beneficial ingredients.
- 1 prickly pear cactus without spines
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera (40 g)
- Juice from 2 oranges
- 1/2 glass of water (100 ml)
- First, chop the prickly pear and put it in the blender.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients and then blend for several minutes.
- After you get a homogeneous drink, drink it right away.
- Drink it at least 3 times a week, mid-morning.
You might be interested in: 5 Important Things You Should Know about Prediabetes
Garlic and lemon
Garlic (Allium sativum) is one supplement that can promote a decrease in high glucose levels in patients with type 2 diabetes. Although the evidence for its effects is limited, there is data to suggest that it helps metabolize sugars by improving the use of insulin.
- 1 clove of raw garlic
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- First, crush the clove of garlic and mix it with the lemon juice.
- Drink on an empty stomach, every day.
Finally, it’s important to remember that natural remedies for type 2 diabetes can still cause adverse reactions. Some may even adversely affect drug treatment. Therefore, before taking them, we recommend you consult your doctor.